Blessing Muzarabani hints at Zimbabwe Cricket comeback

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Blessing Muzarabani hints at Zimbabwe Cricket comeback

Post by Black Mamba »

England based fast bowler Blessing Muzarabani has opened the door for a sensational return to international cricket for Zimbabwe following confirmation that his Kolpak contract with Northamptonshire is set to be nullified at the end of the year.

https://www.thestandard.co.zw/2020/03/0 ... y2Ar4zTm3k

zimbos_05

Re: Blessing Muzarabani hints at Zimbabwe Cricket comeback

Post by zimbos_05 »

You would think he would be an instant inclusion, but does nullifying the contract also mean that he has not performed well enough and not really progressed?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:59 am
You would think he would be an instant inclusion, but does nullifying the contract also mean that he has not performed well enough and not really progressed?
3rd seamer behind KJ & TLC no doubt
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Zimbabwe needs more comebacks before ICC Odi League & T20 Qualifiers, present set of players arent consistent.

Murray, Ives, Matigamu & Cremer....

Young players in domestic cricket should be promoted at the top spot

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Would he have much of a choice? Where else would he go?

Next year will be a good year if ZC plan properly. Blessing Murray and I'm hoping Myers also gives it a go instead of going to uni. They need to start talking to him now. Add Wes Mumba Kamunhukamwe Shumba Burl and Tari. We can build from there around our top 6 guys (BT Ervine Williams Raza Jarvis Chatara). That's 15 guys who can compete. A whole squad.

Only thing we are missing right now is a leg spinner and Matigimu. Nyangani can be worked with. I also have a feeling Matigimu might be back if he fails to get that S.A. domestic contract he has been pushing for

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:16 am
Would he have much of a choice? Where else would he go?

Next year will be a good year if ZC plan properly. Blessing Murray and I'm hoping Myers also gives it a go instead of going to uni. They need to start talking to him now. Add Wes Mumba Kamunhukamwe Shumba Burl and Tari. We can build from there around our top 6 guys (BT Ervine Williams Raza Jarvis Chatara). That's 15 guys who can compete. A whole squad.

Only thing we are missing right now is a leg spinner and Matigimu. Nyangani can be worked with. I also have a feeling Matigimu might be back if he fails to get that S.A. domestic contract he has been pushing for
Surely Mavuta is still worth persisting with ?

Crazy how he has fallen to the wayside after the manner in which he hit the scene in South Africa
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Blessing isn’t that good.

He’s light years behind KJ and Chats.
I would say slightly ahead of Mumba and on par with Mpofu, and a lot of that is due to potential still.

Just look at the Logan Cup. He isn’t doing that much in his appearances, and from my understanding he has been underwhelming and drifts in and out of the County B side he is playing for.

Still, I welcome his return. Any fast bowling depth is good atm.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:08 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:59 am
3rd seamer behind KJ & TLC no doubt
But why? Other than his height, does he have real pace? Does he know how to vary his bowling really well or build his attack? Is he just another run in and bowl and see what happens, or is he a genuine international quality bowler?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:53 am

But why? Other than his height, does he have real pace? Does he know how to vary his bowling really well or build his attack? Is he just another run in and bowl and see what happens, or is he a genuine international quality bowler?
Yeah his pace is real. He is consistently hitting 140 and that was a couple years ago before left for County cricket. If he wasn't do you think the counties would even bother to sign him to a contract. He had raw potential.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

If you watched the game yesterday and saw Mumba getting some extra bounce just know Blessing would have been a real handful because he is faster and taller. He is only 23. As much as I didn't like the way he left I think it's unfair to count him out yet. Do you guys know how badly Jarvis struggled when he initially left? It took him almost 2 seasons to get it together
Last edited by TapsC on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.