Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by zimbos_05 »

It's almost as if having a view other than a right wing one is frowned upon.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Well in the US its interesting to note that the last time the GOP won the popular vote in a general election was 2004. They've only won the popular vote once in the last 8 elections (ie the last 28 years). I think it indicates that the US has been a relatively center-left nation, especially in terms of presidential politics. Of course most other developed nations like Canada, the EU, Australia, NZ are even further to left.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:09 am
eugene wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:38 am
With Trump on his way out people like Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert are in big trouble. Both were struggling ratings-wise before Trump as they seemingly had trouble coming up with good material.
Trump will most likely announce his 2024 campaign on Jan 20 or shortly thereafter. And given how popular he is within the party he will EASILY scoop up the nomination. Nikki Haley will have to wait till 2028 to lose the GOP nomination to an old white guy or possibly Ivanka.

If all that doesn't happen, he still has Parler on which to parl into the wee hours of morning.
I actually don’t think Trump is that popular within the GOP. He’s popular with GOP voters as he represents the new brand of conservatism which is no BS and getting things done.
GOP voters are sick of the warmongering and platitudes of career politicians, and just want shit to happen and straight talk.
Republicans have largely failed to conserve anything.
Trump if anything is actually more left than most.
The GOP tried to block his nomination in 2016 and there is the ‘never trump’ Romney faction.
The GOP are just good at uniting and backing their leader. Dems make it very easy with their dirty tricks. Will see how it pans out when the Trump hangover happens.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:25 am

I actually don’t think Trump is that popular within the GOP. He’s popular with GOP voters as he represents the new brand of conservatism which is no BS and getting things done.
GOP voters are sick of the warmongering and platitudes of career politicians, and just want shit to happen and straight talk.
The GOP tried to block his nomination in 2016 and there is the ‘never trump’ Romney faction.
The GOP are just good at uniting and backing their leader. Dems make it very easy with their dirty tricks. Will see how it pans out when the Trump hangover happens.
That "warmongering" you speak of is a cornerstone of the Right. They are all about defense spending even as they strive for tax cuts - which is why GOP always racks up a tremendous defecit. The US deficit was 500 billion when Obama left office and before COVID Trump pushed it to over double that or over 1 trillion (The COVID stimulus has pushed that up further to over 3 Trillion).

Trump's popularity within the GOP leadership is 50-50, somewhat less so in the Senate but siginificant in the House. 120 House Republicans signed off on Trump's lawsuit to the Supreme Court yesterday whereas very few if any Senate republicans did.

But 90% of the GOP rank and file - some 60-70 million people are FIRMLY in Trump's corner. He's a messianic figure who has remade the Republican party in his image. And that image is not any different from traditional conservatism. Consider how many of Trump's policies or idealogies align with traditional conservatism:

- Immigration and border security - double check (went further to the Right of traditional GOP)
- commitment to Israel/Middle East - double check
- BLM/Police issues - check
- Fiscal policy, tax cuts - check
- Government deregulation, limited gov - check
- Robust defense spending - check
- judicial appointments - double check
- LGBTQ issues - check

And I find only two main things where Trump went against the traditional GOP grain:

- NATO/EU relations - divergence
- tariffs - divergence

So 8-2 Trump was actually a very traditional GOP candidate which is why even his establishment nay-sayers like Lindsey Graham became his stalwart allies. The never Trumpers didn't oppose Trump on his policies - they primarily didn't like his personality or "straight talk".

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:04 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

That "warmongering" you speak of is a cornerstone of the Right. They are all about defense spending even as they strive for tax cuts - which is why GOP always racks up a tremendous defecit. The US deficit was 500 billion when Obama left office and before COVID Trump pushed it to over double that or over 1 trillion (The COVID stimulus has pushed that up further to over 3 Trillion).

Trump's popularity within the GOP leadership is 50-50, somewhat less so in the Senate but siginificant in the House. 120 House Republicans signed off on Trump's lawsuit to the Supreme Court yesterday whereas very few if any Senate republicans did.

But 90% of the GOP rank and file - some 60-70 million people are FIRMLY in Trump's corner. He's a messianic figure who has remade the Republican party in his image. And that image is not any different from traditional conservatism. Consider how many of Trump's policies or idealogies align with traditional conservatism:

- Immigration and border security - double check (went further to the Right of traditional GOP)
- commitment to Israel/Middle East - double check
- BLM/Police issues - check
- Fiscal policy, tax cuts - check
- Government deregulation, limited gov - check
- Robust defense spending - check
- judicial appointments - double check
- LGBTQ issues - check

And I find only two main things where Trump went against the traditional GOP grain:

- NATO/EU relations - divergence
- tariffs - divergence

So 8-2 Trump was actually a very traditional GOP candidate which is why even his establishment nay-sayers like Lindsey Graham became his stalwart allies. The never Trumpers didn't oppose Trump on his policies - they primarily didn't like his personality or "straight talk".
He’s been the friendliest LGBT president. In the sense he doesn’t get involved in that.

But tell me, why don’t you like trump?
I hate to make assumptions but I have a feeling you’re not in love with left wing issues of transgenderizm and normalising homosexuality and I’m sure you don’t mind low taxes?

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:24 pm
He’s been the friendliest LGBT president. In the sense he doesn’t get involved in that.

I hate to make assumptions but I have a feeling you’re not in love with left wing issues of transgenderizm and normalising homosexuality and I’m sure you don’t mind low taxes?
Now that Biden is president, I'm trying to keep my posts as neutral as possible :D

I will say that I generally support ideas in the which the greatest good benefits the maximum number of people. I can't reconcile reduced taxation or LGBTQ rights or ignoring systemic racism against African Americans with that principle.

I may not personally be homosexual, but that shouldn't mean I should oppose them.

If you are opposed to low taxes because you want more money (who doesn't want more money?), why would you refuse to sell wedding cakes to a gay couple? Thats a contradiction which leads me to believe its more about stepping on as many people's toes out of spite than anything else.
Last edited by Kriterion_BD on Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

To ask you a similar question, Zimdoggy, what about a Bernie Sanders would you find dislikeable?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
getting things done.

When you say getting things done...are you also talking about 16m COVID cases? The close down of motor plants. The active destruction of the planet?

I also find the second line funny. Can't really be left when you support fascist groups.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:24 pm

He did rollback a mandate that LGBT obtain healthcare as a civil right. He passed a ruling allowing religious school to ignore non-descrimination standards. He banned transgender people from serving...it's a long list really.

The low taxes argument is completely false. Most of the taxes probably go to things like the army, and the super rich, who are the ones who say, "be scared, taxes will rise", are the ones who pay probably zero tax. So when you demand healthcare and education, they threaten you with "high taxes" when the reality is that these are basic human rights that your taxes should be paying for but are not.

It's amazing how, "taxes will be higher" or "how will we pay for it" are topics when it comes to such basic human rights, but tax breaks for the rich are never questioned. They also insist on paying the most minimum of wages because then, "high taxes" is a good scare tactic to get you to not demand the basic rights. Keep the poor-middle class poor and make the rich richer.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:17 pm
To ask you a similar question, Zimdoggy, what about a Bernie Sanders would you find dislikeable?
I don’t hate him, but I think his ideas are completely unrealistic and he’s a closet communist, trying to deliver the ideas of it through a Trojan horse.

His economical ideas are absurd.
Firstly, he wants free tuition for everyone. That will send the US broke. Denmark has that and it’s becoming a huge drain on their system and they are already crazy taxed. There are too many instances of ‘career students’ who never leave. The uni’s could easily just charge double for a degree and gauge the government. It’s also unfair to the ones who have paid their way.

I don’t dislike his idea for medical reform and increasing the minimum wage, but again, he’s gone full retard with the idea by suggesting non citizens will have the same access, AND opening the borders to Mexico.

The fact he hasn’t the foresight to see that that’s going to lead to an influx of South American and Mexican border hoppers concerns me. With the higher min wage, Mexicans will see more of an opportunity to work black market under the min wage and that will promote employers to be equally as dodgy. This again will break the system.

I also find it funny that he was against millionaires until he became one, then it was billionaires only that drew his ire. He also plays into the whole identity politics that I hate seeing politicians do.

He was better in 2016, and it showed in the polls when he got more of the white Americans vote. If he wants to win zimdoggys support all he really has to do is drop the free tuition thing (or at least make it a co payment) and be tough on the border. His plan can only work with tough borders anyway so he really should be for this.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Why would free college for those that want to go bother folks who by and large don't want or need to go to college? You don't need a college degree to be a farmer or a plumber or coal miner or be a small business owner.

If someone was advertising free laser hair removal, or a free pulled pork sandwich, I wouldn't care because I'm not in the market for that anyways.

As for non-citizens, if they pay the same rate of taxes - which MOST of them do - they ought to get the same minimum wage. The only difference that should exist between citizens and non-citizens is the right to vote and the ability to be President.