[ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 2 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 2 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by Kriterion_BD »

You don't want to move Wez to open or even give him a top 4 batting spot just yet. He's been far to successful batting in the lower middle order. I think a promotion to #5 is warranted as he's been more consistent than Williams or Raza.

How about have Chigs open to take advantage of the field restrictions? Even a run a ball 20 is better than what Chari can provide. Another option would be Musakanda but he's not in the squad.

Chigs
Chamu
BT
Ervine
Wez
Williams
Raza
Chisoro
Chatara
Ngarava
Blessing

Would be my squad. Perhaps Shumba to further strenghten the batting in place of Chisoro if the captain isn't going to bowl him at least 7 overs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Detective RDS

Re: [ ICC World Cup Odi Super League ] Match 2 : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan, Rawalpindi

Post by Detective RDS »

My Zimbabwe Playing XI vs PAK (2nd ODI):

1 Chibhabha
2 Chigumbura
3 Ervine
4 Taylor (WK)
5 Williams
6 Madhevere
7 Raza
8 Chisoro
9 Chatara
10 Muzarabani
11 Ngarava

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Stoneman Returns wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:52 pm

Would love to see Chibhabha sharing the new ball. He has the ability to swing the bowl that can create problems for Pak openers and can bring some advantage for Zimbabwe

Frankly I’d hate to see Chamu opening the bowling, it would be so depressing, would remind me of the early 2010s when he conceded we had no decent seamers so Chamu would open the bowling & batting.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I don’t think Chigumbura opening the batting is something that will work either, if he’s going to be in the side it needs to be down at 7 or 8 where he can come in and finish off the innings.

Burl is an option to open, he has done it it at first class level and he wouldn’t be the first young Zimbabwean middle order batsman to have to open to break into the side.

I’m still sticking to Ervine

Donald

Post by Donald »

Get Shumba in the side he has the goods and needs a elongated spell in the side to show what he can do. No point investing In these dreary players like Chari and chibhaba. The latter has played over 100 games without even a international century

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:14 pm
Burl has no experience in opening, can't put him there against Afridi.

The big issue is number 8 as Chisoro is not a number 8. It was noticeable that Taylor decided to reign in his final push as he knew that after Raza we had no one. We need to play a proper batsman at number 8. We have lots of allrounders and we need to make full use of it.
You want an ‘8-3’ lineup?

Could play 3 seamers and use Madhavere+Raza+Williams as spinners. But I thought Chisoro bowled well for his 5 overs and I would be surprised if they left him out considering pitch conditions.
Last edited by Mr Twig on Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

With this lineup the amount of all-rounders mean it’s actually smart to play the 8-3

Chamu - medium pace
Ervine
BT - keeper
Williams - SLA
Wes - OS
Raza - OS
Burl - LS
Shumba - SLA
Blessing - RFM
Ngarava- LFM
Chatara - RFM

More bowling options than you’d need

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I wouldn't mess with much of a lineup in terms of position. The only position that is truly open is the opening position. Chari has to go and that is where someone like Burl/Shumba comes in.

The other thing is if Chisoro is not going to be used properly, then no point picking him. Bring in Burl/Shumba there.

Mumba needs to be dropped too. Chamu taking the new ball is silly. He's not a wicket taking bowler and because of his opening batsman role and unfortunately captain, he should focus on his batting as we have plenty bowling options.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I don't mind what is going on down the order just pick better opening options

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Chari has to go ..play burl kamunkhwane or shumba