What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What the next scheduled series for Zimbabwe?

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:58 pm
maehara wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:24 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:05 pm
Yes and right after that the 3 ODIs against Ireland, do they also T20s on that tour?
Yep, 3 T20Is in Belfast, IIRC.
Here's hoping they're allowed crowds by then...
I'll be making the trip over if they do allow crowds
Tempting, I am in Wales.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:36 pm
It makes sense to play Pakistan in Bulawayo & Bangladesh in Harare, Zimbabwe have an awful test record at Queens Sports Club only ever winning one Test (against a weak Bangladesh). Zimbabwe have a pretty good record at Harare against Sub-Continent teams, it would be stupid to give away that advantage to Bangladesh. I’d say a Test between Zim & BD at QSC would be even money or BD favourites, the same teams playing at HSC gives Zimbabwe a slight advantage.

You could argue Pakistan would be also more suited to playing at Bulawayo, their batsman especially will enjoy the conditions, but I think Zim will want to avoid having to face Shaheen Shah Afridi on a pitch that will enhance his already deadly repertoire of swing and pace.

Sure we’ve seen dead slow decks at Harare as well, but if you’re going to prepare such decks you might as well play the games at Queens and give the Bulawayo people some test cricket.
Not a bad ploy. I hope to see some pace and bounce when Bangladesh tour (hopefully in Harare as looks likely). The 2013 series was pretty entertaining overall.

Keeping Shaheen to slow decks is probably the smart move. No need to give that guy extra ammo. Just don’t make a spinning track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:59 pm
jaybro wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:21 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:14 pm

Bulawayo
Flat decks like we saw v NZ in 2016 I reckon, 8-3 lineup and play for the draw. Not how I’d do it but I think that’s what they’ll do.

Poor Tiripano will be averaging 60 with the ball by the end of the series
Looks like the BD series will be in Harare then.

Is the PAK tour just a Test series or are there white ball games as well?
Yes, 3 T20Is.