Logan Cup 2020 - 21 : Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Logan Cup 2020 - 21 : Discussion

Post by Googly »

An average T20 has to be infinitely more exciting than the most thrilling baseball game, surely :lol:
I really have tried to like baseball and I've given up.
If cricket gained traction in America it would be an absolute game changer for T20.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

ICC wants it to be in us and china

Googly

Post by Googly »

The Wuhan Wanderers. I wish the Chinese to stay far away.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I have a friend who presides over a very minor cricketing nation. Wouldn’t even call it a cricketing nation. They just have a cricket league that is under the ICC
He showed us once this criteria that is given for ICC funding. There are indeed checkboxes and the more checkboxes the more funding.
It’s an A-Z category thing and if I recall there are sub categories like Aa Ab even.
Zim were close to the top.
But even my friend feels all their checkboxes are a drag and you kinda have to bend things to make it happen.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see the Argentinians have two guys suspended for racist comments they made in 2013.
If you could dig out every racist comment made by everybody there would be a few billion red cards.
But Malema can lead chants with 10 000 followers saying kill the white man and its ok :lol:
These are confusing times.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The old Aboriginal guy gave both teams permission to play on ancestral grounds stolen from them years ago, if people are unforgiving then surely he should have told them to clear off pronto. The ability to forgive must only extend beyond 7 years in rugby circles.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:40 pm
You’d have to mad to leave beautiful peaceful New Zealand for the circus that is the United States of America
The circus is largely superficial.
USA remains the best place in the world to get ahead in life wit business and such. Centre of the world in a lot of ways.

I’ve seen a few stats that back it up. Everywhere else is kinda small fry.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:56 am
An average T20 has to be infinitely more exciting than the most thrilling baseball game, surely :lol:
I really have tried to like baseball and I've given up.
If cricket gained traction in America it would be an absolute game changer for T20.
After living in the USA for 13 years I have finally been converted to baseball. I even watch baseball from Cuba, Japan and Korea now. It really is a great game with so much history, and it isn't being fiddled about with constantly like cricket is.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene

Post by eugene »

jaybro wrote:
Seems odd that Corey Anderson would want to leave NZ for the States. NZ sounds like a much better place to live right now than the US.

You’d have to mad to leave beautiful peaceful New Zealand for the circus that is the United States of America
What circus? My standard of living here in the USA is so much higher than it could ever be in New Zealand. I have a five-minute drive to work and am one flight away from pretty much anywhere in the world. The USA is really a great country and most Americans are very friendly and love meeting people from other countries.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

eugene wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:28 pm
jaybro wrote:
Seems odd that Corey Anderson would want to leave NZ for the States. NZ sounds like a much better place to live right now than the US.

What circus? My standard of living here in the USA is so much higher than it could ever be in New Zealand. I have a five-minute drive to work and am one flight away from pretty much anywhere in the world. The USA is really a great country and most Americans are very friendly and love meeting people from other countries.
For me, it's the little things like free healthcare, anti-fascist leaders, the confederacy, school lunches, Flint water....