State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kallum

Re: State of SA

Post by Kallum »

Raynard van Tonder is a serious serious player, but knowing how the SA system works (and trust me i do) he will get continuously overlooked.

Why Keegan Petersen has never been picked ahead of Bavuma in a test is frankly beyond me, i understand why he isnt in any other format but this guy helps with transformation, is a better batsman than Bavuma and is decent in the field. Unless this oak has done some shady stuff behind closed doors i really dont understand it.

Kyle Verreynne could go the way of David Beddingham if the selectors arnt careful. I understand they're looking for a black batsman but this guy is a ready made superstar who has frankly been carrying the Cobras for the past two years with some help from the Malan brothers and George Linde. In my opinion he should replace Faf in the test setup.

My next home SA series test XI provided they're all fit is as follows.

1. Elgar (C)
2. Markram
3. van der Dussen / Raynard van Tonder
4. Verreynne
5. Petersen
6. de Kock (WK)
7. Mulder
8. Maharaj
9. Nortje
10. Rabada
11. Ngidi

4 out of 11 for transformation targets which is well below unfortunately but thankfully the quota extends to the whole year overall including all formats so what i think Boucher is doing is blooding some of the promising black and coloured players in the T20Is which is what SA have always done in order to fulfill these targets.

If transformation for a test team has to be obliged then its a much weaker best XI but my best XI would be

1. Elgar (C)
2. Markram
3. Hamza
4. Petersen
5. Bavuma
6. de Kock (WK)
7. Mulder
8. Maharaj
9. Nortje
10. Rabada
11. Ngidi

Sorry that this was abit rambly but thought an SA expat opinion might be somewhat valued

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I've seen Van Tonder too and he's a gun.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

In my honest opinion he's as talented as Aiden Markram. Hamza is totally over rated, while Kyle Verreyne is just a freakishly talented kid.

I've been advocating for Malan and Verreyne to be included since 2018, I'm normally spot on with my predictions when it comes to young blokes in SA.

Marco Jansen is going to be the next superstar

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Still amazing to see the ICC just ignore completely racist selection policies. This the era of woke, though.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Flakeman wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:02 am
Still amazing to see the ICC just ignore completely racist selection policies. This the era of woke, though.
Yet they avoided suspension even though there is clear government interference!

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Looks like more trouble for South Africa as they run the risk of govt dissolving CSA and thus also running the risk of a suspension by the ICC.

South Africa sports minister to intervene after CSA fails to agree on MOI

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/sout ... oi-1259510

At the moment I think ZC is being run better than CSA.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

I just looked at abd's stats and he only played 13 odis and 4 tests against Zim ,yet he played 32 odis against India and 32 against Pakistan.

Zim should be playing SA way more, at least their A team. Their needs to be an Africa cup like the Asia cup. I know there is some sort of T20 one in Africa but no odi one like the Asia cup.

Apparently the 2021 Africa T20 cup doesn't include SA and Zim, only associates.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Looks like CSA is all set to be dissolved by the government. Where does South African cricket go from here?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Why are the ICC not doing something like they did with the Zimbabwe situation