State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: State of SA

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:40 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:15 pm
Magala has to be the most ordinary bowler ever to have played for South Africa.

Maharaj is a good test bowler but in ODIs he can only play the role of a containing bowler, Shamsi is a wicket taking option, he must be the first option hands down, if they want to play a second spinner then also it should be George Linde.
Magala can crank it up to 140. Surely some of the old spinners are worse. Even Pretorious was bowling at 125 today
He usually takes 75 balls to bowl his 10 overs mate! 😂😂

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:55 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

Maharaj is a good test bowler but in ODIs he can only play the role of a containing bowler, Shamsi is a wicket taking option, he must be the first option hands down, if they want to play a second spinner then also it should be George Linde.
That guy that looked like he bowled off the wrong foot wasn't international level either, forgetting his name. He had decent franchise stats but looked average on the big stage.
Hhm's favorite bowler.
Hmm... Not sure mate, one guy I know who bowled wrong footed was Sohail Tanvir, but obviously he wasn't a South African... and Tanvir did kind of OK for Pakistan.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Maybe a token game like they gave Frylink?

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:08 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:40 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

Magala can crank it up to 140. Surely some of the old spinners are worse. Even Pretorious was bowling at 125 today
He usually takes 75 balls to bowl his 10 overs mate! 😂😂
Fair enough lol. He`s still pretty half decent though. Would make it into the squads of most of the poorer sides. Not saying he isnt a quota player though

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

I'm a bit late with all this ik. I've been a massive fan of Janneman Malan for years now (I'm a Cobras fan) and from what i've seen in international cricket lately i think his average will taper off to about 40 in ODIs. He seems to struggle to start in all formats but has a brilliant record for going huge when he gets that start. If he plays tests which isnt a certainty i'm not sure how he will go on the tracks produced for test matches in SA and he would struggle in England certainly. Nonetheless he is certainly an option and a very good one at that.

Secondly, I know its already been said but that Elgar innings in the 2nd test was one of the best innings ive seen in a long time. Elgar gets alot of criticism in South African fan circles but he is a great of the game. He has scored the 32nd most test runs as an opener (ik thats a bit of a winter solstace on a thursday type stat) but all his numbers in this era of dipping batting averages are unbelievable.

With regards to van Tonder, he has had a difficult season this year but i really like his temperament in the red ball format and he is still so so young.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Devald Brevis is just so good!

By the way, great to see Simon Harmer back in proteas test squad. CSA seem to be making all the right moves now.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya he's the business! It's going to be interesting to see how he adjusts to higher cricket, that's the telling.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

David Bedingham starts process to qualify for England

https://cricketfanaticsmag.com/david-be ... r-england/

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'm watching Titans Boland atm. Their franchises are full of some seriously overweight guys. This Von Berg and Mahima I don't think could jog 500m without having a pump attack.