State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: State of SA

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:19 am
The IPL bosses must have big clout with BCCI, maybe there's a plan to allow a couple of big Indian players to play?
I doubt it, its just a thought.
There wouldn't be many spots because I'd think you need stars from other countries to get a truly world-wide audience.
If there's only 6 teams, presumably that's 12 overseas. It would make a big difference to overseas interest if there were 3 overseas per team. That still leaves 48 places for South Africans. There aren't 48 international calibre T20 players in SA, that's for certain, and that's the danger, if the overseas audience sees that it's not a great standard of cricket they'll lose interest real fast.
My point is that I'm sure we will see something slightly different, if these IPL guys are involved with their money and experience I'm sure they are fairly certain they have a trick up their sleeves.
They are allowing 4 overseas and as of now no indian players are going to be a part googly.

The problem for BCCI if they allow indian players is that it impacts the brand value of IPL.

Also as all are IPL franchises, we may well see some bias in IPL auction as franchises may start picking the same South African players in their IPL teams as well, undermining players from other countries. Let's see...

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

They have been doing it similar in the CPL, that will be exactly what they do, they want to be able to identify the next dewald Brevis for themselves and get him on a contract of t20 and franchise exclusivity.

Googly

Post by Googly »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:49 am
Googly wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:19 am
The IPL bosses must have big clout with BCCI, maybe there's a plan to allow a couple of big Indian players to play?
I doubt it, its just a thought.
There wouldn't be many spots because I'd think you need stars from other countries to get a truly world-wide audience.
If there's only 6 teams, presumably that's 12 overseas. It would make a big difference to overseas interest if there were 3 overseas per team. That still leaves 48 places for South Africans. There aren't 48 international calibre T20 players in SA, that's for certain, and that's the danger, if the overseas audience sees that it's not a great standard of cricket they'll lose interest real fast.
My point is that I'm sure we will see something slightly different, if these IPL guys are involved with their money and experience I'm sure they are fairly certain they have a trick up their sleeves.
They are allowing 4 overseas and as of now no indian players are going to be a part googly.

The problem for BCCI if they allow indian players is that it impacts the brand value of IPL.

Also as all are IPL franchises, we may well see some bias in IPL auction as franchises may start picking the same South African players in their IPL teams as well, undermining players from other countries. Let's see...
Thanks for that. Ya makes sense- 4 players because otherwise it really wouldn't be a good enuf standard.
This really sounds like a bit of a coup for SA.

Googly

Post by Googly »

This Tristan Stubbs guy is a helluva player. Makes Brevis look ordinary.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The next SA t20 star is my prediction, he's a beast!!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:18 pm
This Tristan Stubbs guy is a helluva player. Makes Brevis look ordinary.
Brevis is 19 :lol: :lol: Give it time. But yeah you are right Stubbs looked insane. Andile has declined a lot. Will be interesting to see who the selectors put in the first xi. Shamsi has also been in rather horrid form

Googly

Post by Googly »

Between Shamzi and Paul Adams SA have produced two of the worst bowling actions in world cricket :lol:
Andile is way past his expiry date. Gerald Coetzee has to be better than him right now.
I'm still buzzing about Stubbs. That was amazing. He's got that crazy wide eyed stare and stands right in his batting partner's personal space between overs, it must be unnerving :lol: He'd be interesting on klippies and coke, wouldn't like to annoy him.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I watched that game from ball one last night and didn't leave my seat. Was getting ABD vibes whilst watching Stubbs. Serious player and only 21.
Googly knows the depth in South African cricket but I'll say it again, they will ALWAYS be competitive. They have oodles of talent in their wings, Stubbs being the latest injection.

Possibly one of the worst bowling line ups they've selected in a while though. Shamsi I've never rated and Andile is far from an international player.
You have Nortje on the sidelines, as well as Coetzee, who both bowl fucking rockets. Gerald Coetzee is going to be a special special player. Just wait and see. I called right on Jansen, I'm right on this bloke. Googly again, is spot on with this kid. He's special and needs to have at least one game in this series so the world can see it.

Brevis is 19, he'll come good. For a kid of that age to have that much range and bat speed, it would be silly to suggest he's inferior to Stubbs. They're different builds and have very different techniques. Tristan Stubbs looks like a bit of a beast though. What a talent

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I can't believe Reeza Hendricks is still making this side either. Okay he scored a half century, but Malan should be there. And Rassie and Markram on the sidelines too. Tough school

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:17 am
I watched that game from ball one last night and didn't leave my seat. Was getting ABD vibes whilst watching Stubbs. Serious player and only 21.
Googly knows the depth in South African cricket but I'll say it again, they will ALWAYS be competitive. They have oodles of talent in their wings, Stubbs being the latest injection.

Possibly one of the worst bowling line ups they've selected in a while though. Shamsi I've never rated and Andile is far from an international player.
You have Nortje on the sidelines, as well as Coetzee, who both bowl fucking rockets. Gerald Coetzee is going to be a special special player. Just wait and see. I called right on Jansen, I'm right on this bloke. Googly again, is spot on with this kid. He's special and needs to have at least one game in this series so the world can see it.

Brevis is 19, he'll come good. For a kid of that age to have that much range and bat speed, it would be silly to suggest he's inferior to Stubbs. They're different builds and have very different techniques. Tristan Stubbs looks like a bit of a beast though. What a talent
Would have thought they would aim to replace Andile with another all rounder. With Ngidi Nortje and Rabada and Shamsi, I dont know if they`ll be able to bring on Jansen or Coetzee? Unless you think they can go with the 5 bowlers