State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: State of SA

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Ireland will create more worry and will be a giant killers, once their foreign recruits clear their visas & passport issues, which at present seems only barier for their Ireland national call.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:04 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:26 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:06 pm

My prediction from a couple years ago was ZIM would be fighting tooth and nail with Ireland and Netherlands to avoid being last in the SL.

This will be the first huge challenge for not just the Big 4 (Taylor, Williams, Ervine, Raza) but also the new Big 5 (Madhevere, Myers, Marumani, Musakanda, Muzarabani).

If the top ranked side from League 2 finshes the World Cup Qualifier ranked ahead of the 13th SL team, they will replace them in the next SL cycle.
True mate, Zimbabwe have got their work cut out. Will be interesting to see if they can step up. I hope they do.
Isnt the Super League going to be cancelled with an expanded world cup after this cycle? It wont make any sense after that besides being a champions trophy qualifier.

As for Ireland let's wait and see. They have a long way to go. You didnt see people here saying Zimbabwe is back when they beat Pakistan in Pakistan last year to claim 10 points.

Consistency is key and as far as I can see Afghanistan and Ireland have got a long way to go before they get to Bangladesh or Sri Lanka's level. You have to be able to consistenly compete(not necessarily win) in any conditions for you to get to that level.

The 1 off test between Afghanistan and Australia will show what I mean if it still takes place. It's going to be ugly judging by what I saw a few months ago
What even is Sri Lankas level lol

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/roge ... rs-1269847

what does everyone think about this? Herschelle Gibbs talked about a similar kinda thing

Rajkumar Sharma

Rajkumar Sharma

No matter the results. Irish team has been phenomenal against Proteas. A neck to neck fight great to watch.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Sour fucking grapes from a mediocre wicket keeper.
I know damn well who I would rather have behind the stumps if I was Graeme Smith, if I had AB in the squad. This guy is just bitter because he was in the shadow of a South African great and, surprise surprise, he plays the race card. Pathetic. Get a grip

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:11 pm
No matter the results. Irish team has been phenomenal against Proteas. A neck to neck fight great to watch.
They were terrible and completely outplayed in 5 of the 6 matches. 'Great to watch', although I'm 99% confident you didn't actually watch any of it.

Rajkumar Sharma

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:55 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:11 pm
They were terrible and completely outplayed in 5 of the 6 matches. 'Great to watch', although I'm 99% confident you didn't actually watch any of it.
Try to appreciate what others do which you can't do

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Proteas confirmed a 3 ODI and 3T20 tour of Srilanka in September. ODIs are part of WSL.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:30 pm
Sour fucking grapes from a mediocre wicket keeper.
I know damn well who I would rather have behind the stumps if I was Graeme Smith, if I had AB in the squad. This guy is just bitter because he was in the shadow of a South African great and, surprise surprise, he plays the race card. Pathetic. Get a grip
Thami was also a match fixer. The race card is the only one he could play because he has no credibility otherwise.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes