State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: State of SA

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:00 pm
Mustafiz is my guy. He must be fucking impossible to face as a right hander. He's unique

How many of these super league games have we played? I've lost count.
We have played 12. Got 12 left. The Netherlands, Afghanistan, India and Australia left. Its going to get interesting. Its not as simple as it looks. 1 big will have to play the qualifiers. I'm backing Afghanistan to qualify directly over SA, especially if they grab a minimum of 20 points over us. I think 100 points is enough to qualify
Last edited by TapsC2 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

They won by 9 wickets too. Not a fluke. Very bad look for SA

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya that was savage, wasn't even a contest. I think they're playing a test now? That's going to be very interesting.
Bavuma's post match talk was interesting, he's sharp, was asked a couple of tricky questions and fielded them well.
He was as perplexed as I am over that lop sided affair. SA have got some damned fine players and they were rolled.
Of course that happens once in a while, it's cricket, but it looked to be a bit more than that- Bangladesh are in the ascendancy in 50 over cricket, that's for sure.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Unless you're Rajput, the life of an international coach must be tough. You are away from home for years. I'd have thought someone like Donald would have made enough money to retire or have set himself up in his own country and not have to do that. Its one thing if you're single like Grant Flower, but if you're married with kids that's a tough gig, but certainly well paid. I guess if Donald stays in the mix long enuf and his team does well he may at some point be offered a role in the SA team and that would probably be his last, plus any T20 roles that may come his way.
This cricket is not an easy life. I don't recall which team, but there was one that basically didn't get home for about a year.

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:41 pm
Googly wrote:
Mustafiz is my guy. He must be fucking impossible to face as a right hander. He's unique

We have played 12. Got 12 left. The Netherlands, Afghanistan, India and Australia left. Its going to get interesting. Its not as simple as it looks. 1 big will have to play the qualifiers. I'm backing Afghanistan to qualify directly over SA, especially if they grab a minimum of 20 points overs. I think 100 points is enough to qualify
Do you think we will actually ever play India and Australia?
We've been so long in the dark it just seems so improbable.
That is one terrifying step up from List A cricket here. How do you actually prepare for that?

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Googly wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:04 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:41 pm
Googly wrote:

We have played 12. Got 12 left. The Netherlands, Afghanistan, India and Australia left. Its going to get interesting. Its not as simple as it looks. 1 big will have to play the qualifiers. I'm backing Afghanistan to qualify directly over SA, especially if they grab a minimum of 20 points overs. I think 100 points is enough to qualify
Do you think we will actually ever play India and Australia?
We've been so long in the dark it just seems so improbable.
That is one terrifying step up from List A cricket here. How do you actually prepare for that?
India tour is confirmed.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rickleton debut and Harmer is back

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'm looking forward to watching Harmer.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Harmer showing his class. Serious spin bowler, probably the best off spinner in the world

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:17 am
Harmer showing his class. Serious spin bowler, probably the best off spinner in the world
Whats the difference between him and someone like Ashwin?