State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: State of SA

Post by Googly »

Well here's an interesting bit of news-
Six of the IPL franchise owners have made successful bids to own the 6 SA franchise teams in their up and coming T20 league!

Googly

Post by Googly »

This has to be great news for CSA. They've got loads of cash and know how to run a team, but there are many twists and turns coming. I wonder who the losing bidders were, what the amounts were, how long this buys ownership for and whether there were any local bids.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

This year's Lanka Premier League is already cancelled. Soon a lot more random T20 leagues will face bankruptcy and i won't have any sympathy for them at all

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'm all for any leagues in the lesser cricketing countries where the players can earn some extra cash. They get seriously taken advantage of by their boards.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:46 pm
Well here's an interesting bit of news-
Six of the IPL franchise owners have made successful bids to own the 6 SA franchise teams in their up and coming T20 league!
So its effectively an IPL league based in South Africa?

I don't think any other country can sustain a T20 league in the way they want to when going up against the IPL, without having IPL owners or backing.

England and Australia are perhaps the only ones that can get away with it, but even in Aus, BBL are currently owned by the state organisations which limits their monetary power. There is a push to make them privately owned.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

South Africa bossed England yesterday. They have such a strong batting line up right now. Malan up top has been sensational. Rassie is averaging in the 70's in ODI cricket and then you've got Markram and Miller in the middle overs. Team on the up, for sure. They're jelling so well

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:23 am
South Africa bossed England yesterday. They have such a strong batting line up right now. Malan up top has been sensational. Rassie is averaging in the 70's in ODI cricket and then you've got Markram and Miller in the middle overs. Team on the up, for sure. They're jelling so well
They are my favourites already

Googly

Post by Googly »

That was a really surprising outcome for me. My money is on England coming back strong. The odds of Stokes, Buttler, Livingstone and Ali making nothing between them are slim.
Prior to that Root, Bairstow and Roy didn't fire :lol:

I wonder who's now replacing Stokes?

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

I think it will likely be Phil Salt and maybe Harry Brook going forward.

What more Janneman has yo do to get a crack with the red ball is beyond me. He is very much like aiden markram was early in his test career I feel.

Wiaan Mulder has been scoring some big boy runs the last couple weeks in the CC

Googly

Post by Googly »

Phil Salt is a big question mark for me. He couldn't get signed at Sussex, swapped clubs and 6 months later was in the England squad.
He's a really talented ball striker, but there's better guys out there.