State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: State of SA

Post by sloandog »

He's looked so good recently hasn't he.
Time for him to start turning those half centuries into big hundreds. He's probably got the best technique in the side

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm still not convinced on Bavuma, I'll never be with someone who has 1 hundred in around 50 tests.

South Africa desperately needs good batters to come through. They need the next Amla, AB, Smith, Kallis to come through and as of now no one is in the Class of the above four I mentioned at least in the present squad.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Just in case any of you guys are watching CSA T20, this pacer named Alfred Mothoa is delivering yorker after yorker but he is absolutely a blunt choker. With his action, there is no chance whatsoever that he could avoid scrutiny from match officials to play international cricket.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

lobsang wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:54 pm
Just in case any of you guys are watching CSA T20, this pacer named Alfred Mothoa is delivering yorker after yorker but he is absolutely a blunt choker.
sounds kinky.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:55 am
lobsang wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:54 pm
Just in case any of you guys are watching CSA T20, this pacer named Alfred Mothoa is delivering yorker after yorker but he is absolutely a blunt choker.
sounds kinky.
:(

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Erwee looks like a solid opener. Solid in defense and clearly knows his game. He got a peach from Jameson in the first test. Looks the goods here though.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Elgar continues to score those dirty runs, but how effective they are. Does anybody know why Olivier has been left our? Sipamla has come in instead which is confusing. Not sure he'd have been my pick

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Also looks like this is going to be AM's final chance to score some runs. 96 runs in his last 5 tests is far from good enough. I know I've always been a massive advocate for his batting, but even I have to admit he's on thin ice here, especially with guys like Keegan Peterson and Rickleton knocking about. Hope he's got it in him because he's a serious player

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Really happy to see South Africa fight back in this 2nd test. Looks a good batting wicket though and the bowlers will have to step up.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya hopefully this is tightly contested. Is Keegan Petersen not injured? Surely he should be in the side?