State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: State of SA

Post by zimbos_05 »

The slimy buggers at the ICC wasted no time in banning SA...oh wait..

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:43 am
The slimy buggers at the ICC wasted no time in banning SA...oh wait..
Pathetic isn't it mate. Just shows the double standards of the ICC. Do you think they would treat India so harshly if their government intervened

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:49 am

Pathetic isn't it mate. Just shows the double standards of the ICC. Do you think they would treat India so harshly if their government intervened
They moved on us so quick and couldn't care less that they were giving power to the bad guys. The worst thing is that the only people who suffered for it were the players and the fans.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

South Africa making light work of the Windies so far. A bit disappointing to see Keegan Peterson and Verreynne not grabbing their chances though. It could mean a comeback for Bavuma.

Nortje has really stepped up, he is bowling fire.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Lot of people consider WI as a favourite for T20 World Cup, South Africa have just beaten them in a 5 match series.

Test series in the bag, T20 Series in the bag. Fantastic stuff by the proteas.

De Kock seems to have found his form again, and Shamsi was just brilliant in the T20 series. I doubt if they will go back to Tahir, considering Linde is a handy batsman.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:54 am
Lot of people consider WI as a favourite for T20 World Cup, South Africa have just beaten them in a 5 match series.

De Kock seems to have found his form again, and Shamsi was just brilliant in the T20 series. I doubt if they will go back to Tahir, considering Linde is a handy batsman.
Reckon they should go w Tahir esp since he helps out w the quota dilemmas even though his celebrations are kinda annnoying. I reckon West Indies are favourites too, they just need to play as a together for a bit, I mean look at that lineup holy shit

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

I am going take back what I said about SA a few months ago when I thought they were on the decline. That performance against the windies has proved me wrong. Still plenty of class in that team, especially in the bowling attack.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:35 am
sam_ahm wrote:

Reckon they should go w Tahir esp since he helps out w the quota dilemmas even though his celebrations are kinda annnoying. I reckon West Indies are favourites too, they just need to play as a together for a bit, I mean look at that lineup holy shit
True, but including Immi will give them a long tail, Linde's batting will come in handy, and he is doing a fair job to be honest.

Ideally Reeza should make way for Verreynne or Faf in the T20 WC, but the transformation doesn't help here, Mulder has done a good job too... Will be interesting if they prefer Phelukwayo over him for T20 WC.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:18 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:35 am
sam_ahm wrote:

True, but including Immi will give them a long tail, Linde's batting will come in handy, and he is doing a fair job to be honest.

Ideally Reeza should make way for Verreynne or Faf in the T20 WC, but the transformation doesn't help here, Mulder has done a good job too... Will be interesting if they prefer Phelukwayo over him for T20 WC.

surely none of that can happen w the quota system lol. Idm Phelukwayo in loi though, he has decent enough stats

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

South africa still have a stupid amount of prodigious talent coming through, they just need to get their selections right and in fairness, this tour to the West Indies was a good example of what they can achieve when the right players are picked.
De Kock has finally hit form, Shamsi is on fire and the fast bowlers are just starting to click.
I really hope they can turn it around, they have a long, rich history