State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: State of SA

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:53 pm
Googly wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:04 pm
Hes going to have to improve big time from that or he won't get too many more starts, that wasn't great.
Well one of the IPL teams have just signed him!

Insanity really. The difference between u19 and senior is way bigger than people realise.
I agree, there is a massive difference between U19 and senior level and Brevis getting signed for 3 crore INR is plain stupid.

Entire auction has been ridiculous so far, some very very average players getting sold for 8-10 crores.

Pooran for 10.25 cr INR is as stupid as I've seen
Rahul Tewatia for 9 crores is equally stupid.
Sone very mediocre Indian players fetching massive amounts as well. It is just unbelievable waste of money 😂

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I can't believe David Miller has gone unsold. And how is Dwayne Bravo still managing to hang around...

Also amazed that Alex Hales hasn't got a spot. He's on fire. Pretty shit auction really but to be honest, I don't think the IPL is what it once was. The novelty has 100% worn off with certain players. Gayle, Stokes, Pollard and many more have sat out of this edition.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Not looking good

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Proteas crushed to 95
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

This was a good chance for Hamza to stake a claim. He looked good for his 25 and then threw it away. Obviously as he is colored he got a chance ahead of Rickelton and should have made it count. Dissappointed.

Verreynne also needs to do more, he is not taking his chances either and may lose out to Rickelton.

Markram fails again as usual but some how South Africa keep him in the side no matter what.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Really tough batting conditions against a brilliant attack.
Back in the old days where a team would arrive and play a few warm up games to get used to local conditions would have been useful.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I've stopped believing in the speed guns. Every bowler seems 5kph slower than they look. Whatever model ICC are now using is giving a lower reading than before.

Googly

Post by Googly »

As Philander has just said- this was exact English April conditions. There were a couple of aoft dismissals, but unbelievably tough for batsmen. You actually need some luck.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

How did Stuurman look, was asleep

Googly

Post by Googly »

I only saw a few highlights. Hard to really assess.