State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: State of SA

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I still don’t understand why anyone gives a flying fuck about SA.
They kill white farmers and impose quotas restricting them on the cricket team,
And they kill black Zimbabweans who cross the border out of desperation just to work in hospitality roles.
And their cricket board never helps Zimbabwe’s.

Fuck them right in the pussy.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I was born there (to Zim parents) and have lived there at various times but I have little to no affinity with the place or the country or the people whatsoever really.

They are unbelievably hostile to Zimbabweans, black and white.

From a cricketing perspective they are relatively interesting as they are our neighbors I suppose.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It's a source if constant bemusement to me, particularly during a rugby game. Most of Zimbabwe are fanatical Springbok supporters.
I always get irritated when I'm overseas and someone identifies me as South African. We are oil and water.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I've known a lot of South Africans in my time and always got along with them, plus there is a strong rugby link between NZ and SA.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

It’s harsh to group them all together to be anti Zimbabwean. I have I’d say 5 close South African friends (all White) who have all treated me well over the years.

I’d say the hostility you see is not just against Zimbabweans there is a lot of hostility and violence throughout the country.

Then again I visited Jamaica once……hostility is relative.

Makes me laugh in England when they say places are rough and unsafe :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

:lol: :lol:

Too true! Brits go on about London being 'lost' and 'unsafe' or whatever :lol: :lol: Try walking through Joburg CBD and coming out alive. Last time I passed through about 2 years ago I've never felt so unsafe anywhere in the world in all my life.

Makes Harare feel like Singapore.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Used to work with a murungu from joburg. Casually racist but no hate from him.

Old Duanne Oliver in the SA emerging XI tour to NZ? Man his stock has fallen or he’s committed to CSA and not whoring himself out to the SA IPL. Cape Town bloody Mumbai Indians indeed :?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Quite interesting to see how this Proteas squad does against New Zealand. Bowling attack actually looks quite decent so far with Dane Paterson, Duanne Olivier (remarkable to see him without a T20 contract somewhere), and Tshepo Moreki who I haven't seen before. The team has nothing to lose and all the pressure is on a NZ team that has looked fragile in test cricket lately.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I think South Africa may yet pose a good challenge to NZ. As I write this NZ are 125/2 at Tea. Some players have a good chance to stake a claim in the side. Esp the batters because we've seen South African batting to be very vulnerable and atm there are lot of batting spots up for grabs.

Brand, Hamza, Bedingham, Keegan, Tonder all have a lot to play for.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Bedingham is a really good batsman.