State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

State of SA

Post by sloandog »

I know this is for ZC only but I wanted other people opinion on the shambolic performance of South Africa.
Apparently they now have to field 7 players of colour in the side, with three being black African.
Ngidi, Bavuma and Rabada are all there, yet both the Hendricks make the sides. Two of the most over rated cricketers and blatant quota selections ever.
You have Jannaman Malan and Kyle Verryene in the squad who can’t get a game, yet they have to select inferior players based on race.
I actually think this might be the end of a competitive South Africa cricket team. I don’t see how they can compete when they play cricketers like Hendricks and, because of politics, have to ignore guys like Coetzee, Muelder and Malan.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: State of SA

Post by eugene »

South Africa produces a lot of talented guys, I'm not even sure they are selecting the best African players to be honest.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

They should come to Zim

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Yet they still complain when the white guys take off for County Deals.

Instead of worrying about how many players of colour are in the side, they should put their efforts into identifying and producing talented black players.

This could honestly lead to Holland becoming the next Test nation IMO, most of the Afrikaans guys have Dutch roots so I expect to see more guys follow the likes of Glover & Snater across there.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Why does the ICC let it happen
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

History repeating itself here. Racial quotas and uncontrollable debt. They are going to crash just like we did. There are better ways of going about racial transformation but these guys just don’t have the patience.

Another problem they face is that these requirements are also seen at school level and sometimes these schools import kids from here to fill the gaps and not actual South Africans which defeats the purpose. Kids like Madhevere are examples of this

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:44 am

Instead of worrying about how many players of colour are in the side, they should put their efforts into identifying and producing talented black players.

This could honestly lead to Holland becoming the next Test nation IMO, most of the Afrikaans guys have Dutch roots so I expect to see more guys follow the likes of Glover & Snater across there.
Snater is Zimbabwean but I'm sure you know Jaybro. Roelof Van Der Merwe also plays for the Netherlands and he is a talent to watch. Max o dowd is also really talented and he is from Auckland.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

racism against whites is seen as ok and that needs to change.
Quotas just rewards laziness and breeds entitlement.

Did anyone see the article from Philander the other month about how uncomfortable and ashamed he was that he took Abbots spot in the '15 World cup semi? And how it factored into his retirement?

What a burden that he didnt ask for.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Zimco wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:23 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:44 am

Snater is Zimbabwean but I'm sure you know Jaybro. Roelof Van Der Merwe also plays for the Netherlands and he is a talent to watch. Max o dowd is also really talented and he is from Auckland.
Yeah I know, but it’s the same thing in essence
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement