State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: State of SA

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:18 am
What hit me was a case of 'monkey see monkey do' with a lot of the players. Once Kholi did it, they all did it. Ashwin was embarrassing. I expected better from him.

Slightly dissapointed with Verreyne I'll be honest. The kid is an absolute rocket with the bat and he'll come good, but maybe for now, as I've said, keep him and Jannaman Malan in the ODI set up to build some confidence.
Kassen with the gloves would be a better shout or, if you're looking to the future and competition for Verreyne, Makwetu. Serious keeper and an exciting batter
Klasseen seriously mate? Esp with De Kock, Verreynne and Rickelton in the frame?

What ODI line up are we looking at? I'm thinking below but this misses the transformation targets yet again.

De Kock
Bavuma
Markram
Dussen
Verreynne
Miller
Phelukwayo
Jansen
Rabada
Ngidi/Maharaj
Shamsi

May be for the Bangladesh ODIs and Netherlands if it is rescheduled they will try out more colored players to make up the numbers.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Crazy how many guys have been caught down leg this Ashes series. Leg slip is coming back into fashion, and rightfully so.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I mean purely in the test side.
Klassen might be a more solid choice for now with the gloves, purely due to his experience mate, that's all I meant.
In LOI's, QDK should absolutely be opening the batting. He's world class and on his day can flatten any bowling attack.

1. De Kock (wkt)
2. Bavuma (cpt)
3. Peterson
4. Markram
5. Van Der Dusson
6. Miller
7. Andile
8. Muelder
9. Jansen
10. Rabada
11. Shams

Ngidi bowled excellent in the tests, but in ODI's they need some depth with the bat. Muelder and Andile provide those all round options and Jansen can clearly bat too.
I think Peterson should be in every batting line up. He just looked so good

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Ya Peterson could be an option in ODIs too although he isn't in the squad presently.

Nortje is going to be in as well in all formats, so I see RSA could have a problem of plenty esp in bowling department in which case they need to rotate the bowlers. Got to keep every one in the mix.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Was anybody else really dissapointed with Duanne Olivier

Googly

Post by Googly »

He's their Kyle Jarvis. Left bowling at 140 and came back bowling tighter but at 130

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Olivier still did pretty well I guess. If he messes up, knowing SOuth Africa theyll easily replace him with someone

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He'll be the one to miss out next time with Nortje coming back in. He bowls absolite rockets. Bowled a ball at 98mph to Jos Butler

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Kreevon Petersen should have been playing in odis
Robo to rule :oops:

Googly

Post by Googly »

There is no such player by that name on planet earth.