State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kallum

Re: State of SA

Post by Kallum »

Very much enjoyed that chase today - Rassie van der Dussen and Miller are really coming to their own as white ball players these last couple years, unreal to see.

Plus how nice is this current Castore T20 kit

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Telling you now, all its going to take for South Africa to become the best ODI side in the world is mindset. When they go out and play like that, it shows much dangerous they are and how they can absolutely flatten an attack. I was so pleased to see Stubbs in there too. What a talent he is. I was so shocked! Normally in the T20 format l there's some rogue quota selection. Not today though, every player deserved to be in there didn't they

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

I'm normally quite critical of parnell but he bowled nicely and provided variation - I'd still rather see Marco jansen than him but his time will come I'm sure.

Lots of pressure on Bavuma as usual but he is a quality player and I'm sure he will come good this series

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

South Africa have pulled out of the ODIs vs Aus to launch their T20 league. The fact that they are willing to risk going to a WC qualifier over a T20 comp, farcical. How many T20 comps are SA going to try and launch.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:35 am
South Africa have pulled out of the ODIs vs Aus to launch their T20 league. The fact that they are willing to risk going to a WC qualifier over a T20 comp, farcical. How many T20 comps are SA going to try and launch.
I was about to post this and this news is very significant in more ways than one.

Firstly it highlights where international cricket is headed. We might well be seeing the very last of the ODIs or dare I say even the ODI World Cup. I won't be surprised if they are completely eliminated after 2031.

Secondly it shows the desperation of nations other than the Big three to be profitable. Cricket will be limited to very few nations if something is not done about the revenue sharing.

Lastly, it highlights that the WSL was implemented in a very very poor manner, the fact that you randomly play any 8 teams has completely killed the purpose of the league which was to identify the 8 best nations going to the WC directly.

RSA have beaten India 3-0 and it doesn't count, they may well beat ENG next week and it still doesn't count. Complete rubbish.

It also has repercussions on Zimbabwe, Ireland, Netherlands, Scotland etc... Now these teams may well have to get past RSA, SLN/WI to earn a place in the WC, which makes the qualifier even more difficult for them.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya cricket has gone down a very bad path. The smaller nations are in huge trouble. The ICC are wickedly corrupt.

The England A side have just handed the Proteas a serious beating. They chased down 340 in 37 overs :lol:
It coincided with an even more savage beating from India so the win lost its sheen a bit.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I think I'm very close to be done with this game. I've had enough. I'm a huge Tennis and F1 fan and honesty I'm enjoying those a lot more these days.

Genuine cricket fans are headed for disappointment.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It's not a lot of fun being a Zim supporter and hankering after better days, that's for sure.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

To be honest this has less to do with ICC corruption and more to do with greed. The ICC needs to create a system where the Big 3 get more money, but at the same time safeguard the financial position of the smaller 10-12 nations. The only way to do that realistically is probably to pool the revenue sources. Obv, BCCI and others will probably oppose that unless they are forward-thinking enough to realize that if international cricket is gone, Indian cricket will also be gone, replaced by a year long IPL, which fans will likely tire of. Again requires forward-thinking.

For the short term, the ICC needs to tell all the boads that only the IPL will get a window - that too only 8 weeks and no longer. And the remaining boards can figure out what they want to do regarding their franchise leagues.

Lets see what the next FTP looks like...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

The real mistake people make is thinking the ICC still even exists as an independent entity with any sort of power.