State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: State of SA

Post by eugene »

South Africa were probably only 60 runs away from victory against Australia in Australia. The pitch was the winner on the day.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:04 am
de Zorzi and Rickleton in unreal form, but aren't on tour?

Khaya Zondo, really? :lol: :lol:

Yea De Zorzi needs game time now. He's been hammering that door down for some time. Rickleton is a gun

Googly

Post by Googly »

Disgraceful pitch though. Never seen a greener pitch outside of a Div 3 English club pitch.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:00 pm
South Africa were probably only 60 runs away from victory against Australia in Australia. The pitch was the winner on the day.
Not really, I’d say they needed at least 150 to make Australia sweat. No way the Aussies come out playing those shots if they’re chasing 120-150.

Yes the pitch was undercooked, but unlike facing India on a dust pit that spins from ball one, South Africa should have been more effective in these conditions that suited their bowling.

Their batting is a disaster, and I for the life of me don’t understand why they play Maharaj on these types of decks. They got away with it earlier this year v India, but what’s the point of playing him when he barely bowls anyways?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

South Africa's batting has been brittle for a long time now and I don't really know why.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

South Africa again crumbling with the bat and this time their bowling can’t get them out of it.

Getting pummelled all over the MCG by Warner & Smith, that must hurt for the Proteas 😬
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

From the time when Hashim Amla alone smashed 196 against the Australians at Perth to the time when the entire team hasn't crossed 200 in 7 consecutive innings, South Africa have indeed plummeted to new depths.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Yet they beat India last year in a test series. Stop being so fickle. They'll come good. In Australia it's as hard as it gets.
Their bowlers are world class but they're up against three absolute rockets in Warner, Smith and Marnus.

Zondo needs to go though. Bavuma warrants his place. He's a very good batter and has averaged 50 the last year, so people need to pipe down.
He's done a damn site more than Markram of Rassie has

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Rossouw can't be far off an opening birth. Elgar seems to have passed it I think.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:58 pm
Yet they beat India last year in a test series. Stop being so fickle. They'll come good. In Australia it's as hard as it gets.
Their bowlers are world class but they're up against three absolute rockets in Warner, Smith and Marnus.

Zondo needs to go though. Bavuma warrants his place. He's a very good batter and has averaged 50 the last year, so people need to pipe down.
He's done a damn site more than Markram of Rassie has
India were poor in that series and I have my doubts over India as well, they have struggled in away tests throughout the year.

South Africa need a complete batting revamp, none of their top 6 are even close to the kind of standards this team has set in the past.

If South Africa are accepting mediocrity and are happy to be a mid level team then it's ok but that is not what South Africa have been, they've been a top team who have set very high standards.