State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: State of SA

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:59 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:10 pm
I expect Steyn to get announced as a youth coach fairly soon. No chance SA will let him not try and pass on his trade. One of the most lethal bowlers in world cricket. He was super fast, but man was he accurate too.
Get him to coach Zim!
With our current coaching situation, I'd be throwing the book at him, especially if we can get Gary or Grant as the main coach, but I feel like ZC will not think that way. I can see Hondo and Matsi staying on even if Rajput goes.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:45 am
sloandog wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:10 pm
I expect Steyn to get announced as a youth coach fairly soon. No chance SA will let him not try and pass on his trade. One of the most lethal bowlers in world cricket. He was super fast, but man was he accurate too.
Get him to coach Zim!
With our current coaching situation, I'd be throwing the book at him, especially if we can get Gary or Grant as the main coach, but I feel like ZC will not think that way. I can see Hondo and Matsi staying on even if Rajput goes.
Seen a couple of usually pro-ZC journos specifically criticising Hondo & Matsi in the past week or two including Mehluli and a radio guy. So fingers crossed they are out the door along with Rajput.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:09 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
sloandog wrote:

Get him to coach Zim!
Seen a couple of usually pro-ZC journos specifically criticising Hondo & Matsi in the past week or two including Mehluli and a radio guy. So fingers crossed they are out the door along with Rajput.
I too, think thats why they are gone.
Hondo and Matsi might be 'in the club' but with the boards directive to Hammy about overnight improvement, it is now a case of 'them or me'.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:02 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:09 am
zimbos_05 wrote:

I too, think thats why they are gone.
Hondo and Matsi might be 'in the club' but with the boards directive to Hammy about overnight improvement, it is now a case of 'them or me'.
Imagine Grant & Steyn, maybe plus Makunura for the local knowledge and the youngsters he's brought through. What a great trio that would be.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

i brought up Steyn 6 months back and was laughed at, but he is very attainable.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Just noticed that Markram averages 29 after 33 ODIs and Reeza, who somehow keeps getting selected averages 26 after 22 ODIs. While I understand they will lose their places once De Kock, Bavuma and Miller return, surely there are better back up players in South Africa who deserve a chance.

The likes of Hamza, De Zorzi should get a look in. Verreynne hasn't taken his chances but can be given a longer rope esp when Markram and Reeza have got so many chances.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:30 pm
Just noticed that Markram averages 29 after 33 ODIs and Reeza, who somehow keeps getting selected averages 26 after 22 ODIs. While I understand they will lose their places once De Kock, Bavuma and Miller return, surely there are better back up players in South Africa who deserve a chance.

The likes of Hamza, De Zorzi should get a look in. Verreynne hasn't taken his chances but can be given a longer rope esp when Markram and Reeza have got so many chances.
markram hit like 90 sth last match lol. Should be persevered with. I dont like Reeza much though

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

A new du Plessis in the house for proteas innings of 69 out of 39 in CSA Provincial T20 turnd to be match winning for South Western Districts

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I just noticed Zubayr Hamza is in some form too 106, 0 and now a 62.. He is a definate upgrade over Reeza. I'm so dissappointed that Verreynne hasn't taken his chances at intl level, hopefully he will score big the next time.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Rilee Rossouw at 31 makes comeback for Knights with an match winning innings of 73. Seems he will be available for South Africa. Massive boost