State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: State of SA

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:56 am
I promise you that it will go in cycles. With WC's coming up and qualifiers to play there will be a truce, then once there's a bit of breathing space that shit will start up again. It's a never ending struggle, trust me on that.
The quotas allow much more flexibility with it being averaged out over a season and not enforced every game. If a couple of African batsmen could be found the quotas wouldn't be an issue anyway. The Springboks do a good job of winning and developing African talent now. I'm not sure they even have to claim Damian de Allende (Spanish) as a coloured player anymore.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Just watching the SA England test.
Bazball-0 Elgar-1

Googly

Post by Googly »

Anderson still bowling beautifully.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Jansen is such a find.
Erwee looks excellent up top.
Worried Markram is going to be type casted as a LOI batter, he can't buy a test run.
Nortje easily the quickest test bowler in the world right now, by a long shot

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Also makes me realise how fucked England are going to be when Anderson retires. For me, Broad has long past his best and shouldn't be given the new ball. Potts won't last two minutes in the sub continent or Australia, and neither will Ollie Robinson.
They need Stone, Wood and Archer back ASAP.
Carse might be quick but he does sweer fa with it and I don't rate him. The batters today love pace

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

This Proteas pace attack reminded me of the days when South Africa were at their peak, ans always demolished England.

Rabada, Ngidi, Nortje, Jansen - I dare say best pace attack in the world ahead of Aus, Ind and Pak.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:48 am
This Proteas pace attack reminded me of the days when South Africa were at their peak, ans always demolished England.

Rabada, Ngidi, Nortje, Jansen - I dare say best pace attack in the world ahead of Aus, Ind and Pak.
It's absolutely the best pace attack in the world, followed very closely by India. Shami, Bumrah and Siraj are three exceptional test bowlers. I just think South Africa are meaner and more bad ass. If you threw in another genuine 95mph bowler, like Nandre Burger or Johannes Van Dyke, they'd be on a different level

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:03 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:48 am

It's absolutely the best pace attack in the world, followed very closely by India. Shami, Bumrah and Siraj are three exceptional test bowlers. I just think South Africa are meaner and more bad ass. If you threw in another genuine 95mph bowler, like Nandre Burger or Johannes Van Dyke, they'd be on a different level
I think Gerald Coetzee might also be around in some time.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Coetzee bowls absolute rockets. He's tall, has a huge leap at the wicket and bowls late 140's and early 150's. I hope beyond hope ge gets some game time sooner rather than later.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

South africa are just so blessed with talent right now, its insane. I've said it once and I'll say again, the selectors are starting to choose more on merit than skin colour. Choosing stubbs in those T20's is a great testimony to that