State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: State of SA

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes, Brevis looks an unbelievable talent. Astonishing shots he played again yesterday.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

CSA have withdrawn all charges against Mark Boucher, this is really good news for Boucher and RSA cricket team.

This comes after Graeme Smith was cleared of racism charges aa well.

CSA have literally looked like jokers here.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Zubayr Hamza has been banned for 9 months by the ICC for taking a banned substance, backdated to 22nd march, although they do agree that there was no intention or negligence on his part.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

South Africa playing only 4 coloured players today against India, it has pretty much been the trend and proteas have been very casual on transformation tarhets and have instead gone with merit.

Something for Zimbabawe to think about, ofcourse there is no official quota in Zimbabwe, but we all know there have been lesser and lesser whites playing.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Some of the SA guys you think are white actually qualify as colored due to some mixed family history they claim. I think QdK is ‘colored’.

Anyway, there’s only actually 5 white players playing professionally in Zimbabwe so I don’t think it’s as big an issue at national selection level really. The problems are further down the system and due to the policies of the past when we did have quotas and major race issues
Last edited by secretzimbo on Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Also I think the SA quota policy is now based on an annual average, so they can pick some XI’s as more white as long as it’s balanced out in other games

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

link?

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:04 pm
Some of the SA guys you think are white actually qualify as colored due to some mixed family history they claim. I think QdK is ‘colored’.

Anyway, there’s only actually 5 white players playing professionally in Zimbabwe so I don’t think it’s as big an issue at national selection level really. The problems are further down the system and due to the policies of the past when we did have quotas and major race issues
I think if any of us do that gene/DNA ancestry thing we'd be surprised.
I read an interesting article that showed the Scots to be very diverse because they're on the tip of the island and at some point people migrated through there and that was as far as they could get. The fascinating part was that some had Aboriginal ancestry and they'd always wrongly assumed that the Aboriginals have been permanently stuck on island Australia.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Well I’m scottish via my mother, maybe I’m an aboriginal at some point!! :lol: handy if I fancied playing cricket for SA! (I qualify for SA) :lol:

I think I’m eligible for Zim, SA, Scotland and possibly England depending on the ECB. Should have stuck with cricket when I was younger :D

Googly

Post by Googly »

That's the interesting part- a lot of this stuff is political expedience. There's probably an SA (and Zim?) Law that states you can't claim black heritage beyond probably second generation yet the science will tell a different story.
It's the same with migration. The Bantu were not from Southern Africa originally, the San are the rightful owners, savagely displaced not that long ago, but that's very inconvenient :lol:
There's some crazy stuff going on twitter at the moment, our rulers stirring the pot pre-election and its backfiring badly.