State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: State of SA

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:44 pm
Indeed, that was a good win. That short spell by Rabada was the turning point. Interesting that Elgar said they had to fire him up, but how would remain a secret :lol:

There was some needle in this game. Other teams have been a bit careful not to sledge the Indians for a while in case they fuck up their IPL chances but that went out the window. The next game will be good viewing, can't wait.
They used to use harsh words with Steyn apparently

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:28 pm
This will go down as one of South Africa's best wins. Sensational stuff. Elgar has played so well in this series, he has raised his game for the big series.

Some of my friends are gutted, they didn't see this coming, although I'm hardly surprised, RSA have always been a tough side to beat at home and they should be fully respected.
Honestly these South Africans have the talent to be on par w NZ etc. They just havent all clicked yet

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

People defending Bavuma saying guys like Rassie or Mulder haven’t don’t anything special either. That’s true, but Bavuma has been in the side for 6-7 years now playing 45 tests for just one century, the others haven’t been given so much grace.

The issue is now they are so inexperienced in the middle order with Faf & QDK retiring, this leaves Bavuma as the most experienced middle order batter they have, so until the likes of Rassie & KP start to score hundreds themselves, Bavuma will keep his place.

All these years of sticking with him despite such little runs in return has left the Proteas in this position where they can’t drop him because they have no other experienced middle order players.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

There is no excuse for 1 century in 46 test matches. 4 of them against Bangladesh, 1 against Zimbabwe, 9 against Sri Lanka and 2 against the West indies. Definitely no excuses by South African standards.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:53 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:28 pm
This will go down as one of South Africa's best wins. Sensational stuff. Elgar has played so well in this series, he has raised his game for the big series.

Some of my friends are gutted, they didn't see this coming, although I'm hardly surprised, RSA have always been a tough side to beat at home and they should be fully respected.
Honestly these South Africans have the talent to be on par w NZ etc. They just havent all clicked yet
I fear for most of them, batting in particular are in the 30s, an age where they must have asserted themselves. With precious little tests played these days combined with thier ages, they may never get the opportunity to click as a unit

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:44 pm
Indeed, that was a good win. That short spell by Rabada was the turning point. Interesting that Elgar said they had to fire him up, but how would remain a secret :lol:

There was some needle in this game. Other teams have been a bit careful not to sledge the Indians for a while in case they fuck up their IPL chances but that went out the window. The next game will be good viewing, can't wait.
Hope they sledge Virat in Capetown.... :lol: which he badly needs now as he his out of scoring tons in last 2 years

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Keegan Petersen an ideal replacement of Hashim Amla.Hope he also plays one day cricket. A star in making.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Keegan has done wonderfully well and looks so pleasing on the eye. Surely he has got some talent, which is great for South Africa as they need more colored players coming through.

Sadly for South Africa Markram and Dussen haven't really looked like good test players. Markram has been very average, if you are in the system for 4 years and yet haven't cemented your place in the side, then you are not good enough.

Bavuma will remain there because he is now a senior but the truth is that he averages 33-34 after 46 tests with a lone century. He is not even the equivalent of JP or Ashwell, those two were better.

Verreynne, as much as I like him, is wasting opportunities. I'm not just talking about this series, but even in the earlier chances that he has got, he had often wasted them.

South Africa will desperately want some young players to really come through. As of now, there ain't enough. There might be potential but seriously they aren't doing enough.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Markram got a peach today. Left it and it jagged about a foot, that shit happens. He must be down on confidence. I'd put him down the order because he's absolutely good enough to remain in that side. KP should open perhaps? He's as good as opening anyway. He looks the part, really good to watch.
VD Dussen looks really vulnerable early on, plus he tried unsuccessfully to run himself out twice in two overs- that's a guy really feeling the pressure.
I don't think SA have a guy in their line up that averages above 39? That has to be an all time first for them.
Despite his inability to convert I like Bavuma.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

It burns my eyes to read people saying there aren't any young batters coming through. The system is littered with them. Verreyne, jansen, Peterston, Muelder, Markram and Van Tonder are the future. I've said it once, I'll say it again. Batting in South africa is the hardest in the world, hence why Elgar is a gun