[ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Any news on Chatara? Is he yet to recover from injury? If injuries are taking this long, it does not look good :(

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Post by Stoneman Returns »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:11 pm
Marshmallow wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:33 pm
Stoneman Returns wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:23 pm
Peter Moor has missed few tours because of not fitting to racial quotas.
Racial quotas??
Unofficial but they seemingly do not like less than 5 mulignan in the team. Usually when at capacity Moor misses out for Burl etc
Moor has no competition with Burl. Moor misses out because of legend Chakabva & legendary Mutumbami, as Zimbabwe can't play 7 whites, because skin colour has an advantage over talent.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Hey guys ..can anyone confirm if all the international players are part of the cup ..ervine Taylor Williams raza Jarvis ? Also I see Ben Curran there is he making a comeback to zim cricket ? Same with Shane snater

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

In case anyone is wondering...

this is how a grade (club) competition does youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/c/QueenslandCricketvideo/videos

this is how an international side does it:

https://www.youtube.com/user/NZCTV

ZC is falling so far behind and these are only two examples. I've seen village cricket with better youtube coverage. ZC really should be doing this for domestic cricket at the very least.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Is they are not aware of this or they don't want to telecast. ZC have no brain :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

Fascinating seeing jongwe and shumba bat together. Ex poster boy and new poster boy seemingly trying to outscore each other 😂

Googly

Post by Googly »

A few English clubs have live feeds, even a couple of schools. If you're a Millfield parent you can log onto whatever sport your child is playing and watch them practice, never mind actually playing a match.

We have such expensive data here that it almost puts it out of reach. Strive Masiyiwa is a billionaire for a good reason.

I've just heard they've postponed Vigne Cup until sometime next year. I called that a month ago. With Logan Cup there aren't the players, the grounds or the interest.
Also heard that Old Georgians were wanting to field a side but were told they had to win the league below. I'm not sure too many sides had to do that :lol: I don't think they play enough cricket to have a full season of second league.
Presumably they will then have relegation and promotion. With the chaos happening that means they might get a look in around 2022, but of course ZC know that. An organised club with some unwelcome guys kicking arse and taking names is not in their interests.
Very short sighted of them as Old Georgians offer a damned fine cricket pitch, club house and facilities which 90% of the other first league sides don't bring to the table.
I've just driven past and there are loads of people about to play and watch the Boozers' league final.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Probably played to a similar standard to club cricket and half of them will be drunk :lol:

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

There are some poor bowling attacks in this round, the Rhinos and Tuskers in particular look poor.

The Mountaineers and the Eagles have good attacks but the Tuskers and Rhinos look to be short of decent pace bowlers, I expect the Rocks to be better with Blessing, Snater, Mambo, Obendaal and Chisoro.

A real chance for Shumba and Jongwe to feel their boots. I think it is clear that Jongwe is a batsman who bowls a bit these days, real reverse on what he was when he first played for Zimbabwe.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Shumba gets his 50 against a attack of mumba mpofu madziva and mavuta. That will give him confidence