THE RETURN OF GRAEME CREMER

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

THE RETURN OF GRAEME CREMER

Post by zimlover »

I was just thinking the other day, What is possibility of Cremer returning to Represent Zimbabwe? Firstly the reasons for him retiring early were because we lost the world cup qualifier and he wanted to support his young family by moving to Dubai, Also considering that his wife is a Pilot and it seemed like a god idea to get a decent pay cheque, without the stress of dealing with Zimbabwe cricket.

Now that the Covid 19 pandemic has put the whole Air line industry in to financial pressure, and the possibility of third wave of a super mutated Covid 19, I do not see international travel coming back in another year or so . Is there possibility that they may return to Zimbabwe sooner than promised? A lot Pilots and air crew staff have been let go here in Australia and i can only imagine what would be happening in a place like Dubai.

Secondly now that Zimbabwe is hosting the qualifiers again, will this bring about another opportunity for him to return and possible, qualify and play with the rest of his beloved team mates?

Thirdly one can only imagine what life in Dubai is like under lock down, compared to Zimbabwe where they enjoyed having family and close friends around.

Lastly we have so much cricket scheduled in the next coming year,more cricket than ever before could we see him coming back into the Fold.

I think there is a chance.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: THE RETURN OF GRAEME CREMER

Post by Zimco »

She is still flying from what I've seen on Instagram, and I doubt air Zim is doing much flying. Secondly, cremer is a coach for Rajasthan royals academy so I don't think there is a flying chance they will be back in Zim.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

It’s not even about ‘will he or won’t he’ but rather will he be any good if he returned?

He will be three years out of tune by the time it happens. I can’t see it coming back before retirement age.

Stopping this game is a killer. Name one player who has taken a few years off and come back better
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

I reckon you're clutching at straws but I guess its cool to speculate.

With his new role in the academy i am sute he is doing just fine. In his recent podcast with Dean br plessis he said he was happy with life in Dubai. So for now I'll go with no.

There is always tomorrow though!

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:47 pm
It’s not even about ‘will he or won’t he’ but rather will he be any good if he returned?

He will be three years out of tune by the time it happens. I can’t see it coming back before retirement age.

Stopping this game is a killer. Name one player who has taken a few years off and come back better
He did quit before to Persue Professional Golf and came back,I think he is contemplating as we speak. The role at the academy is not eternal after that is finished it will be time for the world cup

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I have no doubt that he will at least attempt a comeback.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Get him in the team!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

If Zimbabwe are in fact going to play 8 Tests next year, this could actually convince Cremer to return, Jarvis to reverse his decision or even tempt Snater back to Zimbabwe.

Cremer & Jarvis especially might see it as a chance to have one last season where they can play 8 Tests, something they could only have dreamed of during their careers

I’m saying this I think it’s unlikely
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:21 am
If Zimbabwe are in fact going to play 8 Tests next year, this could actually convince Cremer to return, Jarvis to reverse his decision or even tempt Snater back to Zimbabwe.

Cremer & Jarvis especially might see it as a chance to have one last season where they can play 8 Tests, something they could only have dreamed of during their careers

I’m saying this I think it’s unlikely
I’m not so sure if we are to believe the players.
Jarvis is retiring because of the travel obligations with a new family and body wear and tear. He might be happy with low frequency cricket, as would Cremer perhaps as he is playing house husband.

Cremwr has made some rumblings in interviews about living to come back and that’s usually a precursor to doing it. Hopefully he does, even if just to get to the next WC.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY