Matsi vs Vusi vs Regis - Who frustrated you the most?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Matsi vs Vusi vs Regis - Who frustrated you the most?

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

In terms of underperforming? These three definitely started off with glimpses of what they could do but never sustained it. ZC and how it operated has had its impact, but I just want to focus on these players.

A Tiripano can do a good job for his team irrespective of the ZC shambles, so why couldn't these guys?

In terms of talent, I feel it was:
Vusi > Matsi > Regis

In terms of actual delivery, it is very debatable.

I have always had a soft corner for Regis, but he hasn't risen above the mediocrity. I would pay to watch a Vusi straight drive and a Matsikenyeri square cut, but how sure are we to see it in an innings?

Overall impact in terms of the BD test 100 and being part of another test draw edges Regis ahead of the other two for me and Vusi definitely comes second ahead of Matsi.

So, for me, in terms of delivering on promise, it is:
Regis > Vusi > Matsi

So, in terms of frustrations of not living up to expectations, I'd put it as:
Vusi > Regis > Matsi

But none doing justice to their talent for sure. What are your thoughts?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Matsi vs Vusi vs Regis - Who frustrated you the most?

Post by jaybro »

Vusi had the most talent for me, so he is the most disappointing for in terms of unpaid potential. Stuey was also very talented and produced less than Vusi, he how ever I feel was the most effected by the short comings of ZC. They brought him in before he was ready, they made him open, then moved him all around the bating order, and like Vusi was heavily effect by the player rebellion which forced them to face up to international cricket when they really needed some time back at Logan Cup.

I also felt with Stuey he got dropped just when he was starting to find his feet in the middle order, it was a shame he quit after the 2015 WC, he was still early 30's that would have been the best years of his career. Stuey always had an issue playing across the line to full balls, how no coach was ever able to fix that is concerning.

Regis is slightly different as he's a wicket keeper batsman averaging 25 in Tests for Zimbabwe, which is not too bad all things considered. Yes he could do better and he frustrates me as well, but I think he's about to enter the best years of his career. A stop-start Test schedule which Zim suffers doesn't help him, it would be good if he could have found his feet in ODI cricket but for some unknown reason he's never looked likely in that format.

My biggest gripe about Regis has been his keeping, he misses too many chances normally although he's been fairly good this tour. Graeme Cremer would average less than 40 in tests if Regis could have taken some of those chances he missed during the West Indies series in 2017.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Vusi

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Vusi.

I think Regis does ok and wasn't saddled.with the same expectations as the others, so he does not frustrate in the same way.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I never went into a game expecting any of them to do anything but for me Vusi is the most frustrating. When he was on fire he could look as good as anyone, and in fact when he was dismissed cheaply he often still looked good.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Vusi winning this hands down then.