The future of the coaching staff

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by sloandog »

Yea the selections over the last year have been brilliant, minus the odd rogue decision like including Maruma in a test match...

We've selected myers, wez and Marumani which is excellent

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I disagree there’s been some absolute clangers lately, constantly selecting Chamu and Maruma etc
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:57 pm
I disagree there’s been some absolute clangers lately, constantly selecting Chamu and Maruma etc
Well yea, granted, they were pretty left wing, but overall the makeup of the side had been well thought out. Ngarava and Muzarabani are the clear front runners for the future of the attack, while Wellington Mazakadza looks to now he a shoe in for the LOI spinner role. Then there's even the inclusion of Chivanga which sends sends right signals to the blokes abroad. Also, giving Regis some freedom has probably been the best thing for him. He's playing with such clarity and class, I've never seen him bat so well

Maruma and Chibahba have been the only poor selections, the rest have been spot on.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Maruma is a modern day Matsi but far less talented. I used to speculate that Matsi had blackmailed someone powerful at ZC as I could think of no other explanation for his continued selection. Maruma must really have some incriminating stuff, particularly given his dodgy past himself.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:57 pm
Well yeah. One or two clangers is par for the course with ZC lol. But in general I think it’s been heading in the right direction and on the whole selection has been better than the previous 2-3 years for sure.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Performance of senior players??? We only had Taylor and Chakabva for test match and then a far from 100% raza for the limited overs.
I hope there are no scapegoats here amongst the few senior players on show.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Donald wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:44 am
Performance of senior players??? We only had Taylor and Chakabva for test match and then a far from 100% raza for the limited overs.
I hope there are no scapegoats here amongst the few senior players on show.
tiripano and maruma?

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

In addition to Masakadza selection policy , he should explain why PJ Moor retired due to none selection And why Brad Evans was not selected..
K-long and Maruma should never be selected again
Hamilton should go to UK and lure some of the cricket county zimbabwe born players...
The coaching staff needs a overhaul..

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

“The board asked the ZC director of cricket to urgently come up with a turnaround strategy for the Zimbabwe senior men’s national cricket team following a string of poor results. The strategy, which is expected to be in place before the team’s tour to Ireland and Scotland, should focus on the following areas: i) Selection ii) Technical issues iii) Performance of senior players,’’ read part of the communication from ZC.
So, is Hamilton the scapegoat now? :lol:

They mention selection - which has actually been pretty good of late except minor blemishes like Chamu and Maruma selections (even A team selections of Chivanga, Evans, Chipungu being the highlights and Maruma only getting selected for sheer lack of anyone else being available), and performance of senior players - where for large parts many have been missing due to injury or illness. I hope Ttchnical issues means coaching and we need, at the very least, Hondo out of the way... But this just looks like some publicity stunt by ZC to throw Hammy under the bus and continue on with their game of musical chairs...

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:51 pm
He's a shit reporter isn't he 🤣
Surely! :lol:
Masakadza is expected to come up with the master plan prior to the team’s tour of Ireland in August.
:D :D :D

The board also received and approved the report on the ZC job evaluation and grading exercise carried out by the independent human resources management consulting company Lorimak Africa.
"Independent".

That company website has a couple of Makonis as CEO and MD. Hmm...