The future of the coaching staff

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:40 am
Zimbabwe should look for someone like Chandika Hathurusingha who is known for lifting a deplted side. New South Wales, Sydney Thunders and he has also played a huge role in setting present Bangladesh Side.

Hathurusingha pairing up with Jarvis as bowling coach role, will be a positive move

Jarvis zero coaching experience and also a bit too recently retired. Should coach with a domestic team first.

He’s assisting the U19’s at the next World Cup as well.

Still think our best bet is someone SA based in the current climate.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:44 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:40 am
Zimbabwe should look for someone like Chandika Hathurusingha who is known for lifting a deplted side. New South Wales, Sydney Thunders and he has also played a huge role in setting present Bangladesh Side.

Hathurusingha pairing up with Jarvis as bowling coach role, will be a positive move

Jarvis zero coaching experience and also a bit too recently retired. Should coach with a domestic team first.

He’s assisting the U19’s at the next World Cup as well.

Still think our best bet is someone SA based in the current climate.
Zim tried Lance Kluesner & Ntini both failed to deliver, infact Ntini's process nearly ended careers of Jongwe & Chisoro. Yes experienced bowling coach is what required by Zimbabwe even it may be from other nations. Vincent Barnes from SA could be a good option

At present situation Hathurusingha is the best option as head coach, to lift this depleted Zim side, because he has the experience of lifting teams from worst situations.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:36 am

Zim tried Lance Kluesner & Ntini both failed to deliver, infact Ntini's process nearly ended careers of Jongwe & Chisoro. Yes experienced bowling coach is what required by Zimbabwe even it may be from other nations. Vincent Barnes from SA could be a good option

At present situation Hathurusingha is the best option as head coach, to lift this depleted Zim side, because he has the experience of lifting teams from worst situations.
Klusener actually a decent level of success with the batters. Ntini was good when he had structure around him. They were part our series win in Sri Lanka.

They definitely did better than the current lot, but were also up against a board that never supported them

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Agreed Klusener/Ntini et al, all much better than the current coaches. Board was a mess at the time and as we know it all went pear shaped.

If they had been working within a ZC that is as stable as it is at the moment I think they would have done much much much better.

Talk of non-African coaches is fine but again, I ask who is going to uproot from the other side of the world to live in Zim permanently, for a no doubt fairly modest salary? We can’t have another Rajput situation where he only flies in before a tour. We need someone in Zim year-round.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:05 am

Talk of non-African coaches is fine but again, I ask who is going to uproot from the other side of the world to live in Zim permanently, for a no doubt fairly modest salary? We can’t have another Rajput situation where he only flies in before a tour. We need someone in Zim year-round.
Well zim have had heaps of coaches from abroad,
Nitini, klusener as assistants, every head coach bar mangongo.

Get assistants who want a break in their career.

\dale Steyn would be perfect as bowling coach as a launchpad for his own career.

These are pretty much all part time gigs too. Should I say, seasonal.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

One difference I've seen in this series is that Zimbabwe have played some fearless cricket which is heartening to see.

I don't know if Rajput had inculcated this fearless approach or not but definately they are trying something good.

Bowlers need some grooming in terms of discipline as well, you cannot end up giving 15 wides and no balls and make the chase easy for the opposition. That's just criminal in today's age.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

If this is true then it’s inevitable there will be some coaching changes.
It’s always the easiest way to scapegoat failure, even if they are brilliant and not at fault, they always fall on the sword.

I’d say all three get replaced, because now Hammy would feel the pressure himself in his role.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He's a shit reporter isn't he 🤣

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

From that, I reckon it’s now an absolute certainty that Rajput is gone at the end of his contract (31st August) or sooner. Hopefully Matsi and Hondo too.

I’ve heard there is due to be a change to the selection committee soon too, although I actually think selection this year has been better than the past couple of years.