The future of the coaching staff

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by zimlover »

For Zim we need local coaching solutions, at this stage. The best way to make everyone comfortable is to have a local /Black African guy.

A white head coach will create mis trust among the group, let the current Assistant coach step as Head coach and get rid of Rajput

There is not a lot of guys but I can think of the current assistant coach stepping up and getting rid of Rajput. This will help free up the cash flow.

May be get Brent in as Assistant coach, he has a good work ethic and is well respected by the players both black and white.

There should be more funds to lure a few of the kids that have left or get the high performance centre up and running again and create role for Jarvis, Sibanda, Chigumbura within that set up.

We don’t need a full time foreign coach, we can make do by hiring Batting and bowling consultants from South Africa much cheaper than having a full time guy who is barely in the country.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

If Zimbabwe go for star coach then Younis Khan, Graeme Hick could be a great option and if they go for certified coaches, then Hathuransingha, Whatmore, Andrew Hall, Jennings will be good ones

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:29 am
In addition to Masakadza selection policy , he should explain why PJ Moor retired due to none selection And why Brad Evans was not selected..
K-long and Maruma should never be selected again
Hamilton should go to UK and lure some of the cricket county zimbabwe born players...
The coaching staff needs a overhaul..
Wtf. Is this post a joke?

Moor hasn’t retired! He’s in Ireland. He will be playing the Logan Cup this coming season. He wasn’t picked because he’s not as good as Chakabva and his attitude sucks. When did he retire wtf?

Brad Evans? He literally WAS SELECTED.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

This article basically confirms that the board have absolutely no idea. They should not be turning to one person and being like, "fix everything, and you only have less than a month". Especially when that person has no experience in the position they are in or in being a successful leader.

I guess it's exactly what you expect from this incompetent board. The thing is, the answers are pretty obvious, but they won't seek to address them.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:19 pm
This article basically confirms that the board have absolutely no idea.
More fundamentally, it confirms that the reporter is clueless :D

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:54 am

More fundamentally, it confirms that the reporter is clueless :D
It's Melhuli. He is pals with the board. He's never ever done any actual Journalism when it comes to ZC. He instead has celebrated when Streak got in trouble. He is the one who fought tooth and nail for TM to stay in charge and has been his mouthpiece for a long time.

Whenever he gets called out on twitter, he just goes into his hole and is like "I have no time to engage with others"

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

https://www.sundaymail.co.zw/rajput-speaks-out

Interesting interview here. Rajput for me isnt the problem. It's the batting and bowling coach. He also really blames that ban we got for affecting his progress

I believe in his bench strength policy and I think the Ireland tour will decide his fate. Got a feeling at full strength they are going to do really well out there and that will save him.

To me we are 70% there when it comes to having a competitive team.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:59 am

Interesting interview here. Rajput for me isnt the problem. It's the batting and bowling coach. He also really blames that ban we got for affecting his progress

I believe in his bench strength policy and I think the Ireland tour will decide his fate. Got a feeling at full strength they are going to do really well out there and that will save him.

I don't know. That article to me is him just saying what the board wants to hear. It kind of makes him come across as a puppet. Yet we have had trouble with changing squads and all, but we haven't really seen any overall progress, particularly in guys who have been in the set up for some time and should be progressing.

He constantly refers to "government interference" but we all know that there are two sides to that story and that the like of TM and Makoni could have easily resolved the issue, but didn't. I mean, TM saying that he has better things to do and doesn't need ZC, that's not what you want to hear from the man in charge. How can you operate in an environment like that.

I feel like Rajput is a bit of a yes man and he is just happy to go along with it.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Went through interview. Rajput comes through quite clearly with very strong points there, and it is easy to forget that his stint has been fraught with suspension, followed by player strike, then covid, then injuries. He has almost never had all the seniors turning out for the same XI. Bench strength has been abysmal all along and has actually improved in the last year.
DM: It is no secret that we failed to qualify for the T20 World Cup and now the ODI World Cup qualification is seemingly slipping through the fingers. Would you share with us what were your short and long-term objectives?
This was an absolutely stupid way of asking that question on the interviewer's part. What an idiotic thing to say as though it was the mistake of the coach or the players that Zim did not qualify for the T20 World cup! And Rajput had already mentioned the challenges faced due to suspension. I'm not even sure how he kept himself calm in responding to this rubbish.

I think he has tried doing what he can given the resources and the expanse of his role. Rest of the support staff have a lot to answer too. We hardly get to know from the players on the impact a coach is having. Plus, these are much needed clarities coming from Rajput too.
I am trying to make a core group of youngsters e.g. Wesley, Myers, Milton, Marumani, Blessing, Ngarava and Wellington who will take Zimbabwe cricket forward.
We have some young talented wrist spinners like Chipungu, Chesa, Masekesa and Nyangani who can be added to the camp and groomed.
zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:57 am
I feel like Rajput is a bit of a yes man and he is just happy to go along with it.
If anything the tone of the interview made it look like he is anything but that. Sounds like a guy who clearly understands what aspects he can get into and what are not his responsibilities and carries on with it without whipping up unnecessary battles. That need not necessarily imply yes man. It did not seem like he was trying to say all the nice things looking for an extension.

Having said all this, its pretty clear that they will replace Rajput with someone else as Hondo, Matsi and the other folks would continue to play musical chair with different roles.

Do we have the role of an assistant coach, by the way?

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:57 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:59 am

I don't know. That article to me is him just saying what the board wants to hear. It kind of makes him come across as a puppet. Yet we have had trouble with changing squads and all, but we haven't really seen any overall progress, particularly in guys who have been in the set up for some time and should be progressing.

He constantly refers to "government interference" but we all know that there are two sides to that story and that the like of TM and Makoni could have easily resolved the issue, but didn't. I mean, TM saying that he has better things to do and doesn't need ZC, that's not what you want to hear from the man in charge. How can you operate in an environment like that.

An indian dude who is head coach is a perfect scapegoat here, and they will seize the opportunity to 'make progress'.

he will be the first to go.
i think Stu and doug will too. Even with their protections.
id like to get a true professional from outside the country.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*