The future of the coaching staff

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by zimfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:34 pm
The big problem for most u19's is getting a franchise slot immediately after the WC. The only guys that really walked into it were Shumba and Madhevere, others have struggled.
ZC need to be more pro-active in this regard. The standard needs to improve and there's a lot of dead wood in our system.
From speaking to people close to this crop I am surprised to hear that a few of them want to stay and have a crack including the likes of the Bennetts and Saul. Getting franchise places will be very tough though.

BostonZimbo
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by BostonZimbo »

zimfan1 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:10 pm
Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:34 pm
The big problem for most u19's is getting a franchise slot immediately after the WC. The only guys that really walked into it were Shumba and Madhevere, others have struggled.
ZC need to be more pro-active in this regard. The standard needs to improve and there's a lot of dead wood in our system.
From speaking to people close to this crop I am surprised to hear that a few of them want to stay and have a crack including the likes of the Bennetts and Saul. Getting franchise places will be very tough though.
Most of these kids wanna have a shot at Zim?

Googly

Post by Googly »

England is no longer an option, I doubt many, if any, have passports, once you've played u19 level it's trickier.
The real options are Uni for the lucky ones, a job somewhere or having a stab at pro cricket for a couple of years. When you're young you can afford a year or two on $300 a month without it wearing you down

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:33 am
England is no longer an option, I doubt many, if any, have passports, once you've played u19 level it's trickier.
The real options are Uni for the lucky ones, a job somewhere or having a stab at pro cricket for a couple of years. When you're young you can afford a year or two on $300 a month without it wearing you down
Bad news for the kids, a county cheque would go a long way to guaranteeing them financial security. But good news for Zim cricket, the chevrons will be thier road to global T20 jackpots. So, they will 1. Have to play for Zim 2. Excel whilst doing so, to catch the eye of the Indian/Pakistani/Saudi billionaires who own T20 franchises

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Tinah09 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:16 am
Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:33 am
Bad news for the kids, a county cheque would go a long way to guaranteeing them financial security. But good news for Zim cricket, the chevrons will be thier road to global T20 jackpots. So, they will 1. Have to play for Zim 2. Excel whilst doing so, to catch the eye of the Indian/Pakistani/Saudi billionaires who own T20 franchises

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

This is mainly aimed at googly and secretzimbo. What are these boys seriously like? The batting looks strong on paper. The Bennet boys are getting a lot of hype, Matty Welch sounds like he's as good as his brother was at his age and then Bawa we all know about. Throw in Saul and Wollhutter and it sounds like there's a bit of depth there.
Are they as talented as the last batch? The 2018 squad was alarmingly underwhelming after so much hype, yet the 2020 boys looked strong.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

I wouldnt be so sure no one has a British passport or Irish. Irish can be passed down and down if it was set up correctly.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Tinah09 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:34 am
In the event that the Bennet brothers, Mitchell, Bawa and other u19 players do the extraordinary next month, are we really going to condemn them to Rajput “coaching” as they navigate the delicate devise between youth and pro-cricket?? If these kids are contemplating moving to the UK, doe’s Rajput care enough to convince them otherwise?
I think Dave Houghton might do the trick in convincing the youngsters to stay...I agree Rajput is they for the paycheck...
Rajput vs Raza is it India 🇮🇳 vs Pakistan 🇵🇰 issue
I

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:50 am
Tinah09 wrote:
In the event that the Bennet brothers, Mitchell, Bawa and other u19 players do the extraordinary next month, are we really going to condemn them to Rajput “coaching” as they navigate the delicate devise between youth and pro-cricket?? If these kids are contemplating moving to the UK, doe’s Rajput care enough to convince them otherwise?
I think Dave Houghton might do the trick in convincing the youngsters to stay...I agree Rajput is they for the paycheck...
I
Houghton should be aware of doing that good thing. Those who tried it has been fired from the job. Big Examples are Alistair Campbell, Taibu & Streak

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:07 am
Mueddie28 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:50 am
Tinah09 wrote:
I
Houghton should be aware of doing that good thing. Those who tried it has been fired from the job. Big Examples are Alistair Campbell, Taibu & Streak
Taibu and Streak won an ODI series in Sri Lanka, unfortunately they failed to qualify for the World Cup, losing the final qualifier. What has Rajput achieved in over two years??
Last edited by Tinah09 on Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.