The future of the coaching staff

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:57 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:28 pm
sloandog wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:11 pm
William Mashinge has told me very honestly that Stuart Matsikinyeri is a really hard working, able batting coach. Will's a top bloke and he's been really honest about ZC
Not scored many runs in the UK this season. Are the club disappointed?
He scored 98* two weeks ago and he played some of the best cover drives I've ever seen. He's an unreal batter against top bowling, but against the pie throwers he's not got a clue. His bowling, well, let's leave it there
Interesting, all the indications from the domestic game is that he is a bowling allrounder, after playing with him are you now clear that he is a batsman who can bowl a bit?

How does he compare to other overseas professionals that you have played with?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Just seen that Jonty Rhodes is the head coach of Sweden and Keith Dabengwa is on the staff for Denmark...

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

zimfan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:05 pm
sloandog wrote:
zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:28 pm

Not scored many runs in the UK this season. Are the club disappointed?
He scored 98* two weeks ago and he played some of the best cover drives I've ever seen. He's an unreal batter against top bowling, but against the pie throwers he's not got a clue. His bowling, well, let's leave it there
Interesting, all the indications from the domestic game is that he is a bowling allrounder, after playing with him are you now clear that he is a batsman who can bowl a bit?

He hasn't invested himself into the squad at all. He doesn't speak and his approach to the games have been poor. This is my first season here but the previous pro was Yasir Ali, who planted a test for Pakistan in 2003 and apparently he was rapid

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:39 am
Just seen that Jonty Rhodes is the head coach of Sweden and Keith Dabengwa is on the staff for Denmark...
Was big news a few months back.

There are some serious backers for cricket in Europe.

Est0nia are building a multi million cricket of excellence too. On top of the state of the art grounds they have already built.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:17 am
zimfan1 wrote:
sloandog wrote:

He hasn't invested himself into the squad at all. He doesn't speak and his approach to the games have been poor. This is my first season here but the previous pro was Yasir Ali, who planted a test for Pakistan in 2003 and apparently he was rapid
How serious is this Comp you are playing Sloan?
I find it so weird club cricket drafts in pros? But of course if this is one step below county or something it would make sense.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
zimfan1 wrote:
sloandog wrote:

Do you talk to him?
Have you tried given your knowledge of ZC?

If he’s truly doing what you’re saying (as opposed to being a bit shy) then he has no place there and needs to be axed. Taking up a valuable spot. Probably cricket is secondary to being in England.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:33 am
sloandog wrote:
zimfan1 wrote:

How serious is this Comp you are playing Sloan?
I find it so weird club cricket drafts in pros? But of course if this is one step below county or something it would make sense.
He's a really nice bloke and when you initiate conversation with him he's really good to talk to, but he just doesn't invest any of his time in his team mates. We're top of division 1 looking to go into the Cheshire Premier League next summer, and apart from his 98* we've done that alone. I've scored 4 half centuries to his 1, for example. When he gets his bowling right he's easily 80mph and swings it, but he hasn't looked interested and that's the bottom line. Next year we're already eyeing a South African franchise bowler, with some pace

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... 391186.cms

lol is he in mumbai or is this some video call ?

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:33 am

I think he was in Harare while they were preparing for the series in Ireland/ Scotland, plus the paper states he is in Harare

“Yes, it’s definitely scary to see the images on television from Afghanistan. Some of the videos you see are really disturbing,” Rajput told TOI on Monday from Harare

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

zimlover wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:59 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:33 am

I think he was in Harare while they were preparing for the series in Ireland/ Scotland, plus the paper states he is in Harare

“Yes, it’s definitely scary to see the images on television from Afghanistan. Some of the videos you see are really disturbing,” Rajput told TOI on Monday from Harare
oh ahhaha my bad thanks