The future of the coaching staff

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by secretzimbo »

Now that they've given Hondo the Tuskers head coach job, does that mean Zim are in need of a new national bowling coach?

Donald

Post by Donald »

I listened to the clubhouse end podcast tonight. Douglas hondo was one person being interviewed. Sean Williams apparently was set to play the latest 4 day logan Cup game but the doctor ruled him out last minute, said he hopes to see him for 50 over matches.
Nice interview by sikander raza also about people's opinions not mattering to him regarding senior players positions. He seemed very defiant and said that there was a fundamental problem or words to taht effect of organisations don't value the senior players contributions 😜🤔🤔

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Not entirely sure how related this is but Sl is releasing Grant Flower and Mickey Arthur in favour of a local coach. Personally, I think its an awful move on Sri Lanka`s part at least with Mickey but Grant at least could be in the running for Zimbabwe?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see the Yorkshire head coach has been suspended for a tweet he made in 2010, using the word Yid.

Googly

Post by Googly »

These international coaches presumably get well paid, but its a shit life and you know at some point you're getting fired. Unless you win the WC you are 50:50 for keeping your job if you coach a full member side.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:02 am
I listened to the clubhouse end podcast tonight. Douglas hondo was one person being interviewed. Sean Williams apparently was set to play the latest 4 day logan Cup game but the doctor ruled him out last minute, said he hopes to see him for 50 over matches.
Nice interview by sikander raza also about people's opinions not mattering to him regarding senior players positions. He seemed very defiant and said that there was a fundamental problem or words to taht effect of organisations don't value the senior players contributions 😜🤔🤔
Just listened to this. Larry is very in with the board nowadays so it's a useful podcast for us to have to hear whats going on and what the vibe is. I found it funny when he talked about Williams being a consummate professional who 'always does his talking on the field' and 'always keeps his head down and doesn't get involved with any funny business or dramas'. That must have been sarcasm?!?!?! Or a dig at him?

Raza not mixing his words about senior players as well :o Good to see him being so honest and outspoken. He's right - people who think the seniors are past it and unvaluable - don't know anything about cricket. E.g. Mr Rajput.

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:32 am
Donald wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:02 am
Just listened to this. Larry is very in with the board nowadays so it's a useful podcast for us to have to hear whats going on and what the vibe is. I found it funny when he talked about Williams being a consummate professional who 'always does his talking on the field' and 'always keeps his head down and doesn't get involved with any funny business or dramas'. That must have been sarcasm?!?!?! Or a dig at him?

Raza not mixing his words about senior players as well :o Good to see him being so honest and outspoken. He's right - people who think the seniors are past it and unvaluable - don't know anything about cricket. E.g. Mr Rajput.
I thought that was aimed at Craig ervine regarding the professional bit?
I found raza very elequent and engaged and obviously came out fighting regarding the senior guys.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

USA has a better coaching set up than us. If you're telling me we can't get a decent coach, thats bullshit.

We still have no word on the failures extension.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

With Mickey Arthur out of the Sri Lanka job after the Windies series, looks like Grant will be out of work. That massive experience he has had with Pakistan and Sri Lanka will surely need to be roped back in, even as head coach.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:42 pm
With Mickey Arthur out of the Sri Lanka job after the Windies series, looks like Grant will be out of work. That massive experience he has had with Pakistan and Sri Lanka will surely need to be roped back in, even as head coach.
Mickey is really a waste at Derbyshire. One of the best coaches in the circuit rn. Drastically fixed up SL and Pak cricket