The future of the coaching staff

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5275
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Annnnd not only is it realistic,
If it was advertised, I reckon we would see a cover letter and resume from Dsteyn69@gmail.com hit the inbox.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:08 pm
Was it unrealistic when they got Gillespie?
Someone who was at the same stage of his coaching career post retirement, without the zim connection.

Was it unrealistic getting Geoff Marsh? Right after coaching the most dominant test team of the current century?

Was in unrealistic getting Dav Whatmore?

What about former Indian coach and current coach Rajput?

But yes, it’s unrealistic getting a guy who soends his free time in Zim with no coaching experience
Gillespie was signed for a domestic team when there was money being thrown around at the likes of Gayle and co.

Geoff Marsh was signed up by a totally different board when things were actually good.

Dav Whatmore I will give, but also look how quickly they were to dismiss him.

Rajput is stealing a living. Barely done anything for this team and the coaching staff he works with are no better. Might has well have a broomstick as manager with the amount of time Rajput spends out of the country.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5275
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:30 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:08 pm
Was it unrealistic when they got Gillespie?
Someone who was at the same stage of his coaching career post retirement, without the zim connection.

Was it unrealistic getting Geoff Marsh? Right after coaching the most dominant test team of the current century?

Was in unrealistic getting Dav Whatmore?

What about former Indian coach and current coach Rajput?

But yes, it’s unrealistic getting a guy who soends his free time in Zim with no coaching experience
Gillespie was signed for a domestic team when there was money being thrown around at the likes of Gayle and co.

Geoff Marsh was signed up by a totally different board when things were actually good.

Dav Whatmore I will give, but also look how quickly they were to dismiss him.

Rajput is stealing a living. Barely done anything for this team and the coaching staff he works with are no better. Might has well have a broomstick as manager with the amount of time Rajput spends out of the country.
Rajput maybe in cruise control but he still signed up, as did Klusener, Ntini, streak- all by this current mob.

Remember, we aren’t signing Steyn the player, it would be Steyn the coach.he spends alto of
Time in zim anyway.


He’s low hanging fruit.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Rajput maybe in cruise control but he still signed up, as did Klusener, Ntini, streak- all by this current mob.

Remember, we aren’t signing Steyn the player, it would be Steyn the coach.he spends alto of
Time in zim anyway.


He’s low hanging fruit.
I don't know how good Ntini was.

I feel Klusener signed on because of Streak. In sport, it's one thing to have a good coach, but if the coaching team is not cohesive and good, then that good coach won't work.

I already know how much he loves Zim and spends time there, I just fear he won't be allowed to do his role properly. Elton is probably the guy they would want as the bowling coach.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5275
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:52 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Rajput maybe in cruise control but he still signed up, as did Klusener, Ntini, streak- all by this current mob.

Remember, we aren’t signing Steyn the player, it would be Steyn the coach.he spends alto of
Time in zim anyway.


He’s low hanging fruit.
I don't know how good Ntini was.

I feel Klusener signed on because of Streak. In sport, it's one thing to have a good coach, but if the coaching team is not cohesive and good, then that good coach won't work.

I already know how much he loves Zim and spends time there, I just fear he won't be allowed to do his role properly. Elton is probably the guy they would want as the bowling coach.
He may have signed in because of Streak. I’m not sure, but I won’t go against you. Any roosters fan (looking at you Eugene) knows that quality attracts quality and athletes seem to like being on the winning team. Building something from scratch doesn’t seem to be high on any athletes agenda. Riding a winnings wave is.
But,
Ntiji as a coach was horrible but a funny guy, and the fact they have hit all these signatures means that ZC pays their coaches,AND the fact it is one of 11 test nations means they will always manage to get premium coaching talent unless they jew out on cash.
WE know that there is a possibility that Steyn would not be able to do his job 100% but does Steyn know that? Anyone in zim won’t warn him against it.
But, a bowlimg coach I feel is pretty d/c from the politics in general.
Their job is try and make mashinge or whoever slightly more focused. Don’t think zanu makes much difference here
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm

He may have signed in because of Streak. I’m not sure, but I won’t go against you. Any roosters fan (looking at you Eugene) knows that quality attracts quality and athletes seem to like being on the winning team. Building something from scratch doesn’t seem to be high on any athletes agenda. Riding a winnings wave is.
But,
Ntiji as a coach was horrible but a funny guy, and the fact they have hit all these signatures means that ZC pays their coaches,AND the fact it is one of 11 test nations means they will always manage to get premium coaching talent unless they jew out on cash.
WE know that there is a possibility that Steyn would not be able to do his job 100% but does Steyn know that? Anyone in zim won’t warn him against it.
But, a bowlimg coach I feel is pretty d/c from the politics in general.
Their job is try and make mashinge or whoever slightly more focused. Don’t think zanu makes much difference here
Wasn't talking about Zanu. Not sure why everyone feels I'm always political.

Let's say Steyen comes in. He looks at the bowlers and goes, hypothetically "nup, Ngarava doesn't have it, he needs to go"...Maybe the board and the coaching staff are like, "ok, we'll accept this one for now".

Then next thing you know, he says, "Chamu shouldn't be bowling". Suddenly, he is talking about a mate. What are the chances what he says will then be accepted freely.

I would be desperate to have a guy like Steyn in our ranks. He would bring so much experience and skill to the bowling department that we know Douggie isn't bringing. Instantly for the young guys too, they have this machine of a bowler who is coaching them. A guy they have watched as they were growing up.

zimlover
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:55 pm
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles
Location: melbourne .vic
Contact:

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by zimlover »

I think we all know there are players that will pull the race card, for example if Chamu is told you cant bowl and as you said Ngarava is told he has to do a bit more work.

The only reliable solution to this is to try and Attract an Ex West indian Fast bowler as a coach i can think of three Curtly Ambrose recently applied for a coaching job with ECB.

Some one like Courtney Walsh has been working with Bangladesh

Andy Roberts has worked with the indian team and Also with Bangladesh.

So my point if you get a Blackman as a Bowling coach if a player get replaced or is moved on they cannot use race as a reason.

User avatar
CrimsonAvenger
Posts: 9192
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 am
Supports: Mountaineers
Location: India

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimlover wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:30 am
I think we all know there are players that will pull the race card, for example if Chamu is told you cant bowl and as you said Ngarava is told he has to do a bit more work.

The only reliable solution to this is to try and Attract an Ex West indian Fast bowler as a coach i can think of three Curtly Ambrose recently applied for a coaching job with ECB.

Some one like Courtney Walsh has been working with Bangladesh

Andy Roberts has worked with the indian team and Also with Bangladesh.

So my point if you get a Blackman as a Bowling coach if a player get replaced or is moved on they cannot use race as a reason.
I was thinking on these lines too, but we all know how Phil Simmons' tenure ended...

User avatar
CrimsonAvenger
Posts: 9192
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 am
Supports: Mountaineers
Location: India

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:26 am
Let's say Steyen comes in. He looks at the bowlers and goes, hypothetically "nup, Ngarava doesn't have it, he needs to go"...Maybe the board and the coaching staff are like, "ok, we'll accept this one for now".

Then next thing you know, he says, "Chamu shouldn't be bowling". Suddenly, he is talking about a mate. What are the chances what he says will then be accepted freely.
We already know how something like this impacted. Nyauchi getting shafted by Ntini.

Zimco
Posts: 469
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:11 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: The future of the coaching staff

Post by Zimco »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:52 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Rajput maybe in cruise control but he still signed up, as did Klusener, Ntini, streak- all by this current mob.

Remember, we aren’t signing Steyn the player, it would be Steyn the coach.he spends alto of
Time in zim anyway.


He’s low hanging fruit.
I don't know how good Ntini was.

I feel Klusener signed on because of Streak. In sport, it's one thing to have a good coach, but if the coaching team is not cohesive and good, then that good coach won't work.

I already know how much he loves Zim and spends time there, I just fear he won't be allowed to do his role properly. Elton is probably the guy they would want as the bowling coach.
He may have signed in because of Streak. I’m not sure, but I won’t go against you. Any roosters fan (looking at you Eugene) knows that quality attracts quality and athletes seem to like being on the winning team. Building something from scratch doesn’t seem to be high on any athletes agenda. Riding a winnings wave is.
But,
Ntiji as a coach was horrible but a funny guy, and the fact they have hit all these signatures means that ZC pays their coaches,AND the fact it is one of 11 test nations means they will always manage to get premium coaching talent unless they jew out on cash.
WE know that there is a possibility that Steyn would not be able to do his job 100% but does Steyn know that? Anyone in zim won’t warn him against it.
But, a bowlimg coach I feel is pretty d/c from the politics in general.
Their job is try and make mashinge or whoever slightly more focused. Don’t think zanu makes much difference here
I generally respect your opinions Zimdoggy, but please can you stop using "Jew" in a derogatory way. Thanks

Post Reply