2022 T20I World Cup in Australia 🇦🇺

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
franco vazquez
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2022 T20I World Cup in Australia 🇦🇺

Post by franco vazquez »

There's still enough time to churn out a few gems like Curran, Evans, Odendaal.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

2021 and 2022 T20 World cups and 2023 ODI WC are crucial for the World of cricket and probably for the survival of countries outside of the Big 3.

In my opinion, the only way Big 3 dominance can end is if other countries can consistently step up and beat them, as of now only NZL are capable of doing it. Considering it is such a small nation, it speaks a lot about their system and structure.

If India, England and Australia end up winning these 3 world cups, then honestly their dominance will only grow, they will continue to just play each other without caring for the rest of the world. They are already talking about sharing the hosting rights on a rotation basis for each WC that happens after 2023 (having already hosted the last 3), the FTP will be heavily biased with teams outside of top 6 or 7 completely ignored. IPL from next yr will be a 10 team event with an even bigger window and more players will skip national duties to play this money league. Big bash and "The hundred" will further spoil international cricket and it's importance.

I'm and Indian and love to see India winning, but i do not like the way BCCI, ECB and CA are destroying cricket. Just makes me sad.

the beast

Post by the beast »

nz have shown the way for other teams to follow.i think South africa still have time to rectify their mistakes in selection policy as they have some terrific players not geiing chance to represent their country.afg people are really passionate about cricket and their team in recent past proved that they can bring down big guns in the game.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Realistically, the names we should be looking at for future reference Nick Welch, Muyeye, Evans, Matigmu and potentially Ben Curran (as an outsider). Even considering Tom Curran, Sam Curran, Ed Byrom or Gary Balance is pure stupidity.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:14 pm
2021 and 2022 T20 World cups and 2023 ODI WC are crucial for the World of cricket and probably for the survival of countries outside of the Big 3.

In my opinion, the only way Big 3 dominance can end is if other countries can consistently step up and beat them, as of now only NZL are capable of doing it. Considering it is such a small nation, it speaks a lot about their system and structure.

If India, England and Australia end up winning these 3 world cups, then honestly their dominance will only grow, they will continue to just play each other without caring for the rest of the world. They are already talking about sharing the hosting rights on a rotation basis for each WC that happens after 2023 (having already hosted the last 3), the FTP will be heavily biased with teams outside of top 6 or 7 completely ignored. IPL from next yr will be a 10 team event with an even bigger window and more players will skip national duties to play this money league. Big bash and "The hundred" will further spoil international cricket and it's importance.

I'm and Indian and love to see India winning, but i do not like the way BCCI, ECB and CA are destroying cricket. Just makes me sad.
Cricket could well go the way of football, lots of T20 leagues an odi and T20 world cup and a few matches bilateral matches/series between the big 3

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

I miss Peter Moor in Zimbabwe colors. Wish Zimbabwe could get him back ! :(

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:50 pm
Realistically, the names we should be looking at for future reference Nick Welch, Muyeye, Evans, Matigmu and potentially Ben Curran (as an outsider). Even considering Tom Curran, Sam Curran, Ed Byrom or Gary Balance is pure stupidity.
Correct. No one is seriously saying Sam Curran? I hope not

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

the beast wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:46 pm
nz have shown the way for other teams to follow.i think South africa still have time to rectify their mistakes in selection policy as they have some terrific players not geiing chance to represent their country.afg people are really passionate about cricket and their team in recent past proved that they can bring down big guns in the game.
South africa has some serious structural issues

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:50 pm
The Curran’s that are playing for England is pure stupidity.
Ed Byrom isn’t if he fails again next season isn’t (but then there’s a bigger question of how good he actually is) because he can get a release in the knowledge he’s done in England.

Ballance is unrealistic now. But in a years time after a bad county season it’s a different story. He’s Zim eligible and an England discard.
But this is the problem. We need guys to fail but be good players still and this is a narrow window.
I’ve been saying it for years. We need players who are decent without being superstars that others want. Somehow we managed the big 4 who all fall into this bracket.
The one player I keep thinking who is in this very small just-short-of-elite-club but still exceptionally talented is Nick Welch.
The type that can do damage on the international scene yet not be picked for an England or smash up county consistently.

Another Taylor. Which is PERFECT in the real world.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*