PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by CholeZimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:06 pm
Moving to Ireland won't benefit Moor much, I hope he stays with Zimbabwe.

No matter what you guys say but if Moor goes it will be a loss for Zimbabwe.
True

ZIMFAN

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by ZIMFAN »

Really we don't seem to be any the wiser on this in terms of it is permanent or not. The "quits Chevrons" thing could mean anything. If anyone has a definite answer...paging zimfan1...would love to know it.

I wonder if he could have got a slot in the middle order with Raza injured. Seems a shame if he was not considered.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

https://twitter.com/Mdawini_29/status/1 ... 5755717636
Mehluli Sibanda
@Mdawini_29
I think he has his eyes on playing for Ireland, he has had those plans from far back as 2019 as far as I know & its one of the reasons why he was not appointed captain

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Here are some quotes from a 2016 Cricinfo interview with PJ Moor;

"All of my family lives here despite the troubles that the country has been through. I don't want to leave,"

"Zimbabwe definitely has a lot of talent but a lot of the guys leave before they reach the peak of their potential. Hopefully things come right soon."

"I am extremely patriotic and even if financially, this is not the best place to be a cricketer, I don't want to go somewhere else."

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Going by the tweets I've read, I think Moor is indeed looking for an international career with Ireland.

You would think he was any day better than Chibhabha, Chari and some others who got to play ahead of him but then again he wasn't really doing enough in domestics was he?

Ervine, Taylor, Williams, Raza, Burl... How can he fit in this middle order, given Madhevere, Shumba, Myers are youngsters who are also in contention? Kaia has also done well to stake a claim.

His realistic chance was at the top opening the batting, but to be honest Musakanda and Kamu deserve a longer rope, similarly in tests Masvaure and Kasuza have done well.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

kudet wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:46 pm
Mehluli Sibanda
@Mdawini_29
I think he has his eyes on playing for Ireland, he has had those plans from far back as 2019 as far as I know & its one of the reasons why he was not appointed captain
I wouldn’t trust Mehluli, they don’t come anymore racist than him

Also it doesn’t add up, why would Moor have dreams of playing for Ireland when he was captaining Zimbabwe?

It’s a beat up from Mehluli & Frank Mawoza
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:18 pm
kudet wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:46 pm
Mehluli Sibanda
@Mdawini_29
I wouldn’t trust Mehluli, they don’t come anymore racist than him

Also it doesn’t add up, why would Moor have dreams of playing for Ireland when he was captaining Zimbabwe?

It’s a beat up from Mehluli & Frank Mawoza
Mehluli always has an agenda. People should seriously take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

People are getting way too bothered about this and should chill out;

PJ is not eligible for Ireland national team until October 2022.
Ireland have fewer domestic first class fixtures than Zimbabwe.
Ireland play fewer tests than Zimbabwe.
PJ does not need money.
PJ's entire family is still in Zim and PJ is still involved working with his dad's bookmaking business here.
PJ is very passionate and patriotic about Zim and has spoke about this regularly.

It's a club contract for the summer. Maybe he will do really well there and Ireland will tap him up.
Maybe he will get a call for Zim later in the year. We'll see which way it goes. I bet nothing is decided so far and I bet PJ isn't going there with any intentions other than to play some cricket this summer.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

You don't really blame the guy. Our domestic scene is poor. ZC make these demands that if you want to play for Zim then you have to jump through all these hoops and they are not really fair.

They then appoint their friends as captain and pick players who don't deserve the spot, so you can't really blame a guy for wanting to play overseas, if he gets the opportunity. The blame is not his.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:41 pm
Going by the tweets I've read, I think Moor is indeed looking for an international career with Ireland.

You would think he was any day better than Chibhabha, Chari and some others who got to play ahead of him but then again he wasn't really doing enough in domestics was he?

Ervine, Taylor, Williams, Raza, Burl... How can he fit in this middle order, given Madhevere, Shumba, Myers are youngsters who are also in contention? Kaia has also done well to stake a claim.

His realistic chance was at the top opening the batting, but to be honest Musakanda and Kamu deserve a longer rope, similarly in tests Masvaure and Kasuza have done well.

Chari & Chibhabha got more then they deserve. Haven't seen an international top order batsman with 96 odis with an average of 24 without a ton. Chari doesnt belongs to international arena. Kasuza & Prince should have been brought much earlier. Burl is inconsistent. Musakanda did'nt got the support when he deserved, by now he would have been a good number 3 batsman.

Zimbabwe should utilise Shumba & Myers only by allowing them to bat before the seniors say as an opener or number 3 that could make them bat freely, both are utility players as they can be useful with bowl.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Calling PJ a foreigner wow... that’s really low. If I remember correctly his family bailed ZC a few times at age group level when he was playing . I wish Googly was here to confirm this.