PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by jward »

I spoke to PJ this morning. He said he had been left out of the squad to play Pakistan, so he took up the Irish offer. But he plans to be back in Zimbabwe for our next season, unless he should get some exceptional offer over there. He is pretty disillusioned about the lack of communication and interest towards him by ZC despite finding his batting form in Zimbabwe this season. He leaves for Ireland on Monday.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by Jemisi »

Thanks John

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Thanks for the update.

So exactly as expected, he isn't changing his allegiance. People were overthinking it way too much and getting ahead of themselves.

Tbh though, although he did have that one good Logan Cup match last month, I'd hardly say his batting form has been amazing this season. Scores of; 59, 5, 25, 10, 73, 85, 25 and 2. Thats good, solid form, but he hasn't gone out and done a Roy Kaia and really put his hand up and made himself completely impossible to ignore.

Let's hope he has a good summer in Ireland, comes back next season and dominates and becomes a fixture in the national team. :6:

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

jward wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:32 pm
I spoke to PJ this morning. He said he had been left out of the squad to play Pakistan, so he took up the Irish offer. But he plans to be back in Zimbabwe for our next season, unless he should get some exceptional offer over there. He is pretty disillusioned about the lack of communication and interest towards him by ZC despite finding his batting form in Zimbabwe this season. He leaves for Ireland on Monday.

"Unless he should get some exceptional offer". Yeah maybe he hasn't changed his allegiance, but he is effectively a free agent.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Seems Irish Cricket is following ECB mode. They have added some good first class players from South Africa and are very much close to represent Ireland in international Cricket. After James Mccollum Campher, now Graham Hume, Ruhan Pretorious, Murray Commins and Ford brothers are their latest addition.Jeremy Lawlor is the only Englishman they got from Glamorgan.

How much suuccess they will get depends on future performance, so far they are finding lots of hope from SA Cricket.

kudet

Post by kudet »

jward wrote:

Thanks for the Feedback, if you were to get another opportunity to speak to him again, it would be nice to hear his side of the story regarding tue Mehluhli Sibanda comments

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:40 am
Seems Irish Cricket is following ECB mode. They have added some good first class players from South Africa and are very much close to represent Ireland in international Cricket. After James Mccollum Campher, now Graham Hume, Ruhan Pretorious, Murray Commins and Ford brothers are their latest addition.Jeremy Lawlor is the only Englishman they got from Glamorgan.

How much suuccess they will get depends on future performance, so far they are finding lots of hope from SA Cricket.
You could make a living grabbing white Saffer juniors at a young age then sticking them through the 4 year period.

Would be funny if they rise above SA doing it, and a bit absurd
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

jward

Post by jward »

kudet wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:42 pm
jward wrote:

Thanks for the Feedback, if you were to get another opportunity to speak to him again, it would be nice to hear his side of the story regarding tue Mehluhli Sibanda comments
What were those comments? I haven't been able to keep in touch with everything.

kudet

Post by kudet »

jward wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:18 pm
kudet wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:42 pm
jward wrote:

What were those comments? I haven't been able to keep in touch with everything.
these are just but some of the excerpts

I think he has his eyes on playing for Ireland, he has had those plans from far back as 2019 as far as I know & its one of the reasons why he was not appointed captain

Good thing is that I don't belong to any of these camps, I really like PJ & I believed he was future captain for this country until I heard from a credible source as far back as 2019 that he had been approached by Ireland to play for them & he was considering it this is a fact

How was PJ meant to be appointed captain when he was already entertaining the idea of playing for Ireland? If you were the appointing authority would you have appointed someone who is already thinking of playing for another country? This was before he was dropped by the way