PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by jaybro »

jward wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:32 pm
I spoke to PJ this morning. He said he had been left out of the squad to play Pakistan, so he took up the Irish offer. But he plans to be back in Zimbabwe for our next season, unless he should get some exceptional offer over there. He is pretty disillusioned about the lack of communication and interest towards him by ZC despite finding his batting form in Zimbabwe this season. He leaves for Ireland on Monday.
Thanks John
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jward wrote:
I spoke to PJ this morning. He said he had been left out of the squad to play Pakistan, so he took up the Irish offer. But he plans to be back in Zimbabwe for our next season, unless he should get some exceptional offer over there. He is pretty disillusioned about the lack of communication and interest towards him by ZC despite finding his batting form in Zimbabwe this season. He leaves for Ireland on Monday.
That is indeed disappointing. I can see why Moor might not get picked in an ODI team, thats fair. But to leave out a guy who averages 35 in Tests and has 5 fifities from just 16 innings is really poor stuff. He deserves a place at least in the 15 man Test squad, and probably deserves a spot in the XI. When you see guys who average 20-25 like Prince and Kasuza get automatic spots its hard to sit out when you average almost twice that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Chakabva played some valueable innings including that draw test against Windies, and Brendan Taylor's comeback might have made selectors think against Moor.

Though Moor has an average of 35+ in test, he looks more a shorter format player then in longer format, as he was good
aggressor in some of the innings he played.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Mehluli claimed that Moor was going to be picked in Pakistan series but decided to go to Ireland instead, we all called bullshit there and John has confirmed that

I really hate that Mehluli Sibanda, he’s a piece of shit

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I can’t remember but was he the guy who threatened Conant? Or was that another guy?

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:33 am
jward wrote:
That is indeed disappointing. I can see why Moor might not get picked in an ODI team, thats fair. But to leave out a guy who averages 35 in Tests and has 5 fifities from just 16 innings is really poor stuff. He deserves a place at least in the 15 man Test squad, and probably deserves a spot in the XI. When you see guys who average 20-25 like Prince and Kasuza get automatic spots its hard to sit out when you average almost twice that.
They're openers though. I agree Zim is deperate for quality openers but Moor doesn't bat in the top order. Maybe he should?

He's not far off selection in Tests but probably needed to convert one of his recent 3 50s. There's probably only one middle order spot available (Madhavere's spot) unless he gets back into wicket-keeping.

I think it's fantastic he is going to Ireland to further improve his game.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

PJ moor all set to make his debut for Munster reds today will be interesting to see how it goes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

tej_27 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:05 am
PJ moor all set to make his debut for Munster reds today will be interesting to see how it goes
He could be lining up for a test match if he hadn’t left

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I really hope he does well and succeeds. We all know these guys. If he flops there his cricket career might be finished

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

PJ moor already has an Irish passport and he last played for Zimbabwe in 2019 ..so if he plays well he can represent ireland from as early as next year