PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

As a cricket fan this kind of tweet hurts alot. In one side there is Afghanistan, who has no opportunity to play international cricket at home. War hit nation, still their board has strong administration producing quality players and then there is ZC run by corrupt publics and players had to face the consequences.

Its really hard for cricket to remain alive in Zimbabwe
Attachments
IMG_20210523_084822.jpg
IMG_20210523_084822.jpg (275.43 KiB) Viewed 1796 times

zimbos_05

Re: PJ Moor has joined the @MunsterReds(Ireland cricket) squad for the upcoming Inter-Provincial Series

Post by zimbos_05 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:21 am
As a cricket fan this kind of tweet hurts alot. In one side there is Afghanistan, who has no opportunity to play international cricket at home. War hit nation, still their board has strong administration producing quality players and then there is ZC run by corrupt publics and players had to face the consequences.

Its really hard for cricket to remain alive in Zimbabwe
Very sad. Anyone want to start a go fund me that goes directly to the players?

zimbofan88

Post by zimbofan88 »

I can pitch in 100 USD if more people are willing to do it

Rajkumar Sharma

PUMA going to sponsor Zim cricket.... good news

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:52 am
PUMA going to sponsor Zim cricket.... good news
Is it only for Ryan burl or whole Zim team??

Rajkumar Sharma

zimbofan88 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:48 am
Pj’s cricketing career looks over. He might get to play few t-20s for Ireland but that should be it. Ervine made a similar decision long time ago but quickly came back and worked really hard to cement his place here. After committing to ZC for so long, Moor could have just waited few more years. People were saying he could be the captain in the future. Once the big 4 leave, ZC will surely try to keep good and “faithful” guys to their setup. Anyways wish PJ good luck, he was a handy test player and overall a nice guy. He just couldnt score big when he got opportunities( logan, emerging/ developmental squads, practice matches etc).
There is no reason to keep PJ out of the squad he has got more average then 13 years proven failed cricketer Chakabva, who scores in 1 out of 10 and cement his place in series after series.

Its too early to say PJ will fail, many top players struggles in english condition. He will definately settles once he spend some time and access ireland conditions

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 2:41 pm
zimbofan88 wrote:
Pj’s cricketing career looks over. He might get to play few t-20s for Ireland but that should be it. Ervine made a similar decision long time ago but quickly came back and worked really hard to cement his place here. After committing to ZC for so long, Moor could have just waited few more years. People were saying he could be the captain in the future. Once the big 4 leave, ZC will surely try to keep good and “faithful” guys to their setup. Anyways wish PJ good luck, he was a handy test player and overall a nice guy. He just couldnt score big when he got opportunities( logan, emerging/ developmental squads, practice matches etc).
There is no reason to keep PJ out of the squad he has got more average then 13 years proven failed cricketer Chakabva, who scores in 1 out of 10 and cement his place in series after series.
Ffs, stop beating this drum to death. It's really tiring.

You seem to continue to ignore the fact that PJ Moor is a poor wicketkeeper nowadays. This has been the case for a while, especially in the longer format. Having watched three streams of his Irish matches this continues to be the case. I repeat - PJ Moor is not a good wicketkeeper anymore. He's probably about the 5th best in Zim with the gloves. I'm interested - have you ever watched PJ keep wicket? Genuine question. He's very average with the gloves in recent years. Very very average.

Then we come to batting. I've asked you numerous times to name anything he's done in the past three years. Very little. He was great before (and I was a massive fan) but he looks to have declined over the past several YEARS.

We then come to the fact it is widely known and discussed that the guy regularly didn't show up for franchise training sessions. He also missed several rounds of our very very short first class season a year or two back because he decided to 'go on holiday'. I've said all of this to you before though and you just ignore it.

Now he's gone off to Ireland. And made a poor start with both the gloves and bat.

Chakabva meanwhile is a committed, consistent performer who has been a great servant to Zim over the years. Whenever he bats up the order, he does well. He's a competent glovesman and a solid bat. He's also a leader in the dressing room and shows a good attitude. He's not world class by any stretch of the imagination but I just don't understand why you spend literally all day every day of your life on this forum specifically bashing Regis and praising PJ.

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:56 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
zimbofan88 wrote:

You seem to continue to ignore the fact that PJ Moor is a poor wicketkeeper nowadays. This has been the case for a while, especially in the longer format. Having watched three streams of his Irish matches this continues to be the case. I repeat - PJ Moor is not a good wicketkeeper anymore. He's probably about the 5th best in Zim with the gloves. I'm interested - have you ever watched PJ keep wicket? Genuine question. He's very average with the gloves in recent years. Very very average.

Then we come to batting. I've asked you numerous times to name anything he's done in the past three years. Very little. He was great before (and I was a massive fan) but he looks to have declined over the past several YEARS.

We then come to the fact it is widely known and discussed that the guy regularly didn't show up for franchise training sessions. He also missed several rounds of our very very short first class season a year or two back because he decided to 'go on holiday'. I've said all of this to you before though and you just ignore it.

Now he's gone off to Ireland. And made a poor start with both the gloves and bat.

Chakabva meanwhile is a committed, consistent performer who has been a great servant to Zim over the years. Whenever he bats up the order, he does well. He's a competent glovesman and a solid bat. He's also a leader in the dressing room and shows a good attitude. He's not world class by any stretch of the imagination but I just don't understand why you spend literally all day every day of your life on this forum specifically bashing Regis and praising PJ.
But pj moor is the top 7 batters in zimbabwe.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

farhanhussan wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:06 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

I have long given up on the hope that PJ could be an international class batsman in white ball cricket. Just does not have the ability to rotate the strike.

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:27 pm
farhanhussan wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:06 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

I have long given up on the hope that PJ could be an international class batsman in white ball cricket. Just does not have the ability to rotate the strike.
Well none in Zim team is other than Taylor or William. He is better than my players playing the cricket in Zim