Zimbabwe Domestic T20 Competition 2021

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Zimbabwe Domestic T20 Competition 2021

Post by tej_27 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:14 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:11 pm
Mehluli on twitter says chibhaba and chari are the best openers Zimbabwe have currently so they should be opening against Pakistan ..he also says Brad Evans has not done anything special to earn selection
Chari isn't good enough.

I mean neither is Chibhabha but we know he'll be playing regardless. Let's hope it's Taylor at the top of the order with him. Both Chamu & Chari opening is an awful combination. Village cricketers by UK/Aus standards.
We played chari and chibhaba entire series against pak both one day and t20 and they looked so clueless ..our batting line-up always started from ervine Taylor Williams Raza

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

tej_27 wrote:
Mehluli on twitter says chibhaba and chari are the best openers Zimbabwe have currently so they should be opening against Pakistan ..he also says Brad Evans has not done anything special to earn selection
This guy is 100% racist. Chibhaba is a walking wicket so as Chari. 😅

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Chibahba has played 16 years and has an everage of 22 in ODI's....

Donald

Post by Donald »

Sibanda is a very objective and impartial journalist to discuss the Chari and chibhaba partnership in such merit ... 😂😂😂😂😂

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

Chibhabha tweets

1.shout out to hondo and matsikenyeri they don't get praise for the work they do

2.went from public housing to a mansion

3.if u get happy seeing others fail there's something wrong with your mental -(but he's celebrating the streak ban)

Then the shut your mouth to David Coltart.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Class a cunt

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

tej_27 wrote:
Mehluli Sibanda
@Mdawini_29
Replying to
@abhimj112
and
@ZimCricketv
Chibhabha is one of the leading run scorers in the domestic T20, 131 runs from four innings with a best score of 73 runs so him & Chari can open the batting, if a player scores runs he must be given another chance, those are my views though
Im not sure if you are referring to the above tweet. He clearly says that those are my views. Arent people entitled to their own views and to express them freely? No one is being forced to agree with him. His views dont necessarily influence selection do they. The term he used was leading run scorer not best. Maybe Im missing something here.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I mean, technically he is not wrong. Chamu is one of the highest scorers from our openers. However, this is what such a short season exposes. He has scored those runs over 4 games and made 73 in 1 game. So the other 3 games he made 58 runs total. With such a short season, you only need to have one big game and you are automatically a top run scorer. He played his one good innings and suddenly he is the best option. He also the worst SR of the top ten batsmen from the T20 comp, so as an opener, that's not really something you want to have.

The other issue is that with such a short season, generally the openers and top order will hog all the strike across all the games. This doesn't allow any of the other players a chance to have a go or show what they can do. It exposes lack of depth.

Personally, Chamu should be out of the side based on his conduct alone. In saying that, Chamu is a mate and seems to be able to get away with murder at the moment. He did his one good innings and secured his spot.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

zimstarr wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:24 am
Chibhabha tweets

1.shout out to hondo and matsikenyeri they don't get praise for the work they do

2.went from public housing to a mansion

3.if u get happy seeing others fail there's something wrong with your mental -(but he's celebrating the streak ban)

Then the shut your mouth to David Coltart.
I didn't know there was public housing in Zim?

grant

Post by grant »

tawac wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:58 am
tej_27 wrote:
Mehluli Sibanda
@Mdawini_29
Replying to
@abhimj112
and
@ZimCricketv
Chibhabha is one of the leading run scorers in the domestic T20, 131 runs from four innings with a best score of 73 runs so him & Chari can open the batting, if a player scores runs he must be given another chance, those are my views though
Im not sure if you are referring to the above tweet. He clearly says that those are my views. Arent people entitled to their own views and to express them freely? No one is being forced to agree with him. His views dont necessarily influence selection do they. The term he used was leading run scorer not best. Maybe Im missing something here.
I think almost everyone (including me, and I'm neither white nor a Zimbo) finds his views extremely biased. That 73 from Chibhabha was a selfish knock. He almost got this team on the losing side with that knock. Chibhabha has done nothing to warrant selection in the team, let alone become captain. That's what he's pointing out I guess.

He is number 8 among the leading run-scorers btw (https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin ... tournament) despite opening the batting (and playing all five innings) and has the worst strike rate of all the leading run-scorers. There are batsmen below him on that list like Chirimuuta, Kasuza, Burl, etc. who're way more deserving of a spot in the team.