ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Former Player

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

No longer interested in following that domestic T20 series. This could actually be the end of my love affair with Zim Cricket, whatever the gory details are about to come out. Streak has been an integral part of how I became a fan. Hoping against hope... :cry: :cry: :cry:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I've been a fan of Streak, Flower brothers, Neil Johnson and many more but if someone has done something wrong then let it come out mate.. Anyhow it is ICC's investigation and we will see what details they give.

Too early to say anything.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:56 am
No longer interested in following that domestic T20 series. This could actually be the end of my love affair with Zim Cricket, whatever the gory details are about to come out. Streak has been an integral part of how I became a fan. Hoping against hope... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Spoken like a true Zim Cricket fan. You feel down most of the time, then just that one moment of brilliance and you are back on the wagon again. Its a messy relationship this.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Wow this is really sad. The evidence is very conclusive.

He could well have been initially reported by ZC as revenge or whatever but doesn't excuse what has gone down. It's so disappointing.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

tawac wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:05 am
Spoken like a true Zim Cricket fan. You feel down most of the time, then just that one moment of brilliance and you are back on the wagon again. Its a messy relationship this.
I think you could say similar about being a Zimbabwean and living in this country generally.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Putting my investigative journalist hat back on (been out the game for a little bit)

I find that if the issues are as serious as it seems, then there's more to it than just, Streak did this.

If i was back in the news room and this was breaking, I'd be one hundred percent in my editors office discussing an investigative piece on a bigger scale, and if I wasn't, my editor would drag me in asking why not.
Last edited by zimbos_05 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Wait sorry if i didnt read it but are we sure that its heath streak now?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Holy shit it is Streak. And he accepted guilt.

I don't know how i feel about this. This was the guy for me. I remember the day I met him in Jaggers like it was yesterday.

I can only imagine TM and co having a good ole laugh about this.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Feel a bit emotional