ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by Zimco »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:59 pm
Flakeman wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:17 pm
I’d love to hear all these absolute thieves explain what they actually do to earn 10-20k a month salaries, while berating Streak in this fashion all while the poor simp franchise players get 350 a month. String them up in town
To be fair this is how a large corporation works in the US. The executives get huge salaries and signing bonuses on top of tax cuts, while the average worker gets "minumum wage" because they don't have any marketable skills. If the franchise player who averages 30 in the Logan Cup had skills worth more than 350 a month, they'd have an IPL or CPL contract worth 100k, wouldn't they?

Such income inequalities will exist unless there is an external power (ICC sanctions or mandates) to ensure a more "socialized" distribution of the funds.
What skills do the admin bring? The players are the ones getting it done out there

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:27 pm
The official statement made by ZC on the matter is not professional at all. I have not seen any board dish out such strong words against their own player be it PCB, BCCI, CSA, CA.

Very unprofessional.
Can you / someone please share the statement of ZC? Obviously we were not expecting anything sensible...

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:56 am
sam_ahm wrote:
The official statement made by ZC on the matter is not professional at all. I have not seen any board dish out such strong words against their own player be it PCB, BCCI, CSA, CA.

Very unprofessional.
Can you / someone please share the statement of ZC? Obviously we were not expecting anything sensible...
https://twitter.com/ZimCricketv/status/ ... gr%5Etweet

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Zimco wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:05 am
What skills do the admin bring? The players are the ones getting it done out there
I'm not saying the current ZC admin bring exception skills to the table...that wasn't the point of that post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:56 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:

Very unprofessional.
Thanks. I'm fine with most of that statement except the following:

Absolute rogues. There was no need to insert these two hyperboles:
str0.png
str0.png (36.05 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
str1.png
str1.png (34.85 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
And what exactly do they mean by this?
str2.png
str2.png (11.42 KiB) Viewed 1132 times

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:40 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:56 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:

str0.png
str1.png
str2.png

I think everyone is on the same page about this. The words and the language are not very good and they definitely come across as though ZC is quite happy to burn their own if it means they get some benefit. This whole issue puts Zim Cricket in a bad light, but the board don't see that. They just see that a white guy got in trouble and they really don't care about anything else because they can keep stealing and being terrible and getting away with it.

If any other national team captain had told someone to "F*** off" on twitter, they would have been reprimanded and sacked.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah, it is hard to see how Chamu's words are of any value at all.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Captains are supposed to be role models. You see a Kane Williamson, a Sangakkara, a Steve Waugh, a Rahul Dravid or a Stephen Fleming in the past, or even an Ajinkya Rahane in Australia recently. And then we have this guy. At least his mindset is no longer a topic of speculation.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:15 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:

str0.png
str1.png
str2.png

I think everyone is on the same page about this. The words and the language are not very good and they definitely come across as though ZC is quite happy to burn their own if it means they get some benefit. This whole issue puts Zim Cricket in a bad light, but the board don't see that. They just see that a white guy got in trouble and they really don't care about anything else because they can keep stealing and being terrible and getting away with it.

If any other national team captain had told someone to "F*** off" on twitter, they would have been reprimanded and sacked.
They are amazingly racist.

I wonder if the BLM crowd in the dates would think twice if they knew slot of the stuff we knew, instead of blindly jumping in to any cause without checking the facts first.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:33 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:15 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:

str0.png
str1.png
str2.png

They are amazingly racist.

I wonder if the BLM crowd in the dates would think twice if they knew slot of the stuff we knew, instead of blindly jumping in to any cause without checking the facts first.

Are we expecting ZC to be supportive to Streak?I think we are all forgeting how much of a hero Streak is he is highly respected in Zimbabwean sporting circles.
Whilst the statement may seem too harsh, but i also think that its highly appropriate given that he is a very influential figure in Zimbabwean circles, they may not dine together with the Current board but Streak brought this own to himself and i struggle to see how anyone else can be blamed for this act of greed and betrayal of all the players he may have exposed to this corrupt figure.

ZC are incompetent but they dont neccessarily give off details of players to bookies , they know how to play politics but they dont go down this road.

The idea that he received bitcoins and phone for exchange of information shows that he was corrupt.