ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flakeman

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by Flakeman »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:59 pm
Flakeman wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:17 pm
I’d love to hear all these absolute thieves explain what they actually do to earn 10-20k a month salaries, while berating Streak in this fashion all while the poor simp franchise players get 350 a month. String them up in town
To be fair this is how a large corporation works in the US. The executives get huge salaries and signing bonuses on top of tax cuts, while the average worker gets "minumum wage" because they don't have any marketable skills. If the franchise player who averages 30 in the Logan Cup had skills worth more than 350 a month, they'd have an IPL or CPL contract worth 100k, wouldn't they?

Such income inequalities will exist unless there is an external power (ICC sanctions or mandates) to ensure a more "socialized" distribution of the funds.
There’s big differences between corporations in the US and near dictatorship styled orgs like ZC here. In most cases, those in high positions in the US are highly skilled people who contribute huge intellectual substance to the overall running of the company. The clowns at ZC are simply a bunch of absolute baffoons who are terrible at their jobs, and the only reason ZC stay afloat is because of ICC hand outs.

Big difference between Tom in America who screws toothpaste tops on earning $2k a month, and Cephas Zhuwao, a pretty skilled cricket pro earning 300$ a month.

You can’t vote these people out, despite them being useless, as what they do will never be of consequence, as the money won’t stop, for now at least.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

The only way we get change is if the other boards and the ICC insist on it. At the moment, the ICC seem to not care as long as India and the main 3 keep moving along.

The ICC are short sighted because if they truly had a strong global competition, they would be making way way more money.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

I truly don’t understand the ICC’s obvious disdain for unearthing financial issues within ZC. The PJ Moor story proves that there’s something horribly fishy about them and their relationship with ZC.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

eugene wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:55 pm
I am fighting the good fight against these clowns on Twitter, but it is tough, they are too numerous sadly.
Link??

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

All I will say if this was Hami or Utseya you guys would not be as sympathetic but anyway I have always known there are forum favorites just like there are ZC favorites and that is fine.

1 thing I will tell you know is that somebody only admits guilt if that’s the best case scenario. Both Shakib and Streak admitted guilt because they had a lot more to hide but I know some people will be too blind to see that.

To believe Streak is innocent but somehow was framed but he had to plead guilty and the real story will come out soon is something straight out of a movie. The only thing that can come from this is Streak exposing other people not him being innocent. He did it

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

He fully knew the rules and was just playing along to Cremer. Imagine how Cremer feels now. He also doesn’t need the money which is probably the craziest part. He saw easy money and risked it all

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm
To believe Streak is innocent but somehow was framed but he had to plead guilty and the real story will come out soon is something straight out of a movie.
Who exactly is saying that here? This statement itself seems to be something coming straight out of a movie, in fact.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:46 pm
Had a little chat with a certain ex player from within the ZC structure.

His old man is a close friend of Steaks and met with him today, and had a long chat.

Said he's clean and when this all comes to light we'll know the truth. Interesting
This is what I’m referring to

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21288&p=160554#p160554

One person quoting from rumored 3rd party chat that can happen anywhere between anybody. A post made 2 days ago, 7-8 pages ago. That too when the info on this was still just trickling in. But the statement here makes one looking at it feel as though that is the common belief of the forums. Everyone here has categorically condemned Streak's actions and rightly so. I don't see a point of sneaking in this statement as though it is the general feeling here.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm
All I will say if this was Hami or Utseya you guys would not be as sympathetic but anyway I have always known there are forum favorites just like there are ZC favorites and that is fine.

1 thing I will tell you know is that somebody only admits guilt if that’s the best case scenario. Both Shakib and Streak admitted guilt because they had a lot more to hide but I know some people will be too blind to see that.

To believe Streak is innocent but somehow was framed but he had to plead guilty and the real story will come out soon is something straight out of a movie. The only thing that can come from this is Streak exposing other people not him being innocent. He did it
i feel your flow, but it is possible there might be some sort of Sophies choice scenario going on.
Who knows. ZC are very cocky right now so if they have the good oil, its not good for Streak.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*