ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5133
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

This is why it’s sad.
Like what Zimdan said.
Heath Streak poured his heart into the black community.
He learnt Ndebele. He took in black people to his family. Invested in them. And instead of any goodwill when he had his darkest day BLM just kicks him while he is down and see it as a win and sticking it to shore people.
I always see this, of all the nice stuff white People worldwide try and do well for blacks, you never see a Thankyou. An appreciation. Just whining continuously and riots, mockery etc. I’m not sure why they bother. Just get taken advantage of. Zimbabwe it’s worse because when someone white does something nice it’s not even a Thankyou, it’s ‘yo what else you got?’.

Not all of course but we all know the type.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Conant
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:46 am
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers
Location: Benoni, South Africa
Contact:

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by Conant »

Mehluli used to adore Streak. I don't know what happened

Conant
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:46 am
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers
Location: Benoni, South Africa
Contact:

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Former Player

Post by Conant »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:40 am
meh,
not that big a deal to be honest.
Just sold some info to a bookie.

Not like he tried to make us lose.
Meh...

Imagine if it was a black player who had done this

Flakeman
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:07 pm

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by Flakeman »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:00 pm
This is why it’s sad.
Like what Zimdan said.
Heath Streak poured his heart into the black community.
He learnt Ndebele. He took in black people to his family. Invested in them. And instead of any goodwill when he had his darkest day BLM just kicks him while he is down and see it as a win and sticking it to shore people.
I always see this, of all the nice stuff white People worldwide try and do well for blacks, you never see a Thankyou. An appreciation. Just whining continuously and riots, mockery etc. I’m not sure why they bother. Just get taken advantage of. Zimbabwe it’s worse because when someone white does something nice it’s not even a Thankyou, it’s ‘yo what else you got?’.

Not all of course but we all know the type.
Sad but true. This is what most foreigners don’t get, when they think old Rhodesians are evil racists incapable of good. Doesn’t take long to see it once you live here. Again, not all, but most, sadly.

secretzimbo
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:08 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Gweru, Zimbabwe

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by secretzimbo »

Flakeman wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:40 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:00 pm
This is why it’s sad.
Like what Zimdan said.
Heath Streak poured his heart into the black community.
He learnt Ndebele. He took in black people to his family. Invested in them. And instead of any goodwill when he had his darkest day BLM just kicks him while he is down and see it as a win and sticking it to shore people.
I always see this, of all the nice stuff white People worldwide try and do well for blacks, you never see a Thankyou. An appreciation. Just whining continuously and riots, mockery etc. I’m not sure why they bother. Just get taken advantage of. Zimbabwe it’s worse because when someone white does something nice it’s not even a Thankyou, it’s ‘yo what else you got?’.

Not all of course but we all know the type.
Sad but true. This is what most foreigners don’t get, when they think old Rhodesians are evil racists incapable of good. Doesn’t take long to see it once you live here. Again, not all, but most, sadly.
Agreed. But then completely opposite too, on the other hand; there is an air of arrogance within our own community where people seem to think that no white guy is ever capable of bad. You see it with people on certain groups desperately trying to claim the Streak case is all a set up or a cover up or something nonsensical. Some of the very worst sharks in this country are white. Just as bit more clever and secretive about it.

I think what we can all agree on is that there are good and bad everywhere. There are good white Zimbos and bad white Zimbos. Good black Zimbos and bad black Zimbos.

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:00 pm
And instead of any goodwill when he had his darkest day
He didn't exactly have "a bad day"...he committed at least 5 crimes over a sustained period of time.

One thing people have to realize is that non-white people never get the benefit of having "a bad day". Look at Agarwal...everyone will agree he's a criminal low life. No one is going to claim he's just having a "bad day" 365 days of the year.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5133
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:46 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:00 pm
And instead of any goodwill when he had his darkest day
He didn't exactly have "a bad day"...he committed at least 5 crimes over a sustained period of time.

One thing people have to realize is that non-white people never get the benefit of having "a bad day". Look at Agarwal...everyone will agree he's a criminal low life. No one is going to claim he's just having a "bad day" 365 days of the year.
wtf you talking about
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5133
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:46 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:00 pm
And instead of any goodwill when he had his darkest day
He didn't exactly have "a bad day"...he committed at least 5 crimes over a sustained period of time.

One thing people have to realize is that non-white people never get the benefit of having "a bad day". Look at Agarwal...everyone will agree he's a criminal low life. No one is going to claim he's just having a "bad day" 365 days of the year.
Kriterion logic:
Getting your reputation stripped, academy lost and livelihood gone, and respect lost from everyone doesnt qualify as someone having faced their darkest day.

And an anti white rant as a cherry on top.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 2091
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:46 pm


He didn't exactly have "a bad day"...he committed at least 5 crimes over a sustained period of time.

One thing people have to realize is that non-white people never get the benefit of having "a bad day". Look at Agarwal...everyone will agree he's a criminal low life. No one is going to claim he's just having a "bad day" 365 days of the year.
You can't really compare a career criminal to a man who committed one crime. There is a difference between crimes and charges. What Streak did was one crime on 5 separate occasions. I know you're taking the "bad day" literally, but I don't think thats what Doggy meant. Agarwal was seeking to commit multiple crimes on more than one occasion.

If you read the full details, you can see that Agarwal has corruption in his mind from the start. Streak did not. However, as things developed, Streak got tangled in a web and got drawn in. He should have been better, but he wasn't, with only himself to blame and he is now serving a much bigger punishment than Agarwal.

A lot of people on all sides of life are too quick to pull the race card but fail to accept when they have just done something wrong. The sad reality is that we become desensitised to corruption and bad and blame skin colour for doing it or getting away with it.

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:34 am


Kriterion logic:
Getting your reputation stripped, academy lost and livelihood gone, and respect lost from everyone doesnt qualify as someone having faced their darkest day.
Come on bro...you think Ben Shapiro is "smart" just because he can talk faster than you can type.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

Post Reply