Predict the T20 & Test Squads Vs Pak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Predict the T20 & Test Squads Vs Pak

Post by secretzimbo »

T20 squad should be announced this weekend. Possibly they'll announce the Test squad at the same time, or wait a while, I'm not sure.

Let's see who can guess the closest! 16-man squad for each. Try to be realistic and remember its ZC....

I'll go with;

T20:
1 Chibhabha (C) :evil: :(
2 Taylor (Wk)
3 Marumani
4 Ervine
5 Williams
6 Madhevere
7 Burl
8 Evans
9 Mavuta
10 Muzarabani
11 Ngarava

Squad: Myers, Musakanda, Chakabva, Wellington, Chivanga

Test:
1 Masvaure
2 Kasuza
3 BT
4 Ervine
5 Williams (C)
6 Roy Kaia
7 Burl
8 Chakabva (Wk)
9 Tiripano
10 Blessing
11 Nyauchi

Squad: Madhevere, Musakanda, Mavuta, Chisoro, Innocent Kaia

tej_27

Re: Predict the T20 & Test Squads Vs Pak

Post by tej_27 »

Do you want us to tell you the sqaud that we want ? Or the squad zc is going to select cause they never fail to suprise us ..don't be shocked if Williams is dropped for chibhaba or Burl for maruma

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

tej_27 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:46 pm
Do you want us to tell you the sqaud that we want ? Or the squad zc is going to select cause they never fail to suprise us ..don't be shocked if Williams is dropped for chibhaba or Burl for maruma
This

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Not Chibhabha for heaven's sake!

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Come to think of in how come Timycen Maruma hasnt featured in any of the T20 games.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:28 pm
T20 squad should be announced this weekend. Possibly they'll announce the Test squad at the same time, or wait a while, I'm not sure.

Let's see who can guess the closest! 16-man squad for each. Try to be realistic and remember its ZC....

I'll go with;

T20:
1 Chibhabha (C) :evil: :(
2 Taylor (Wk)
3 Marumani
4 Ervine
5 Williams
6 Madhevere
7 Burl
8 Evans
9 Mavuta
10 Muzarabani
11 Ngarava

Squad: Myers, Musakanda, Chakabva, Wellington, Chivanga

Test:
1 Masvaure
2 Kasuza
3 BT
4 Ervine
5 Williams (C)
6 Roy Kaia
7 Burl
8 Chakabva (Wk)
9 Tiripano
10 Blessing
11 Nyauchi

Squad: Madhevere, Musakanda, Mavuta, Chisoro, Innocent Kaia
I think we need to be braver and get Chatara or Ngarava in for DT. I would also get chisoro in for Burl. In non spin friendly pitches he can dry up the runs and create pressure that maybe utilized by the seamers

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Test

Masvaure
Kasuza
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
R Kaia
Chakabva
Chisoro
Muzarabani
Ngarava
Nyauchi

We cannot try to have 9 batsmen in a test team. 7 batters should be enough, each with a target of at least 50

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Any news on the extent of Raza's injury and for how long will he be out of action? I hope he makes it in time for Bangladesh series.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

I am seeing a good chance for Zimbabwe to beat Pakistan in T20Is. There should be a man to man plan and everyone in Playing XI should be given a specific role.

After watching Pak against Sa, it is very much clear that Pakistan middle order is fully inexperienced and is struggling even against an average bowling unit. Zimbabwe prime objective is to get early wickets somehow and expose that middleorder. Rizwan & Fakhar are the only two that can worry Zimbabwe. Babar Azam has got an issue with strike rate, he struggles to play big shots so can be contained with disciplined bowling.Hafeez struggles against left arm spinners, Asif Ali, Hyder Ali always plays a rash shot to offer their wicket, lower order felt pressure and will not be able to score big if top order doesn't fires.

Will not be a bad ploy to start with Williams, Ndolovu or Chisoro in bowling along with Blessing or Nayuchi. Zimbabwe should field in 4 proper bowlers, with 5th bowler option shared between Chamu, Williams, Shumba or Madhevere.You can't drop Chamu, but what you can ask him is to perform within his limitation, a quickfire 20/30 and share that new bowl as second seamer, he has got intact line & length and can trouble Pak betters with his outswinger, that offered him so much success in period of 2015-16, 4 or 5 an over with an wicket or two will be enough to get from him. Tiripano has got good slower one and change of pace deliveries can restrict Pak within 150-160 which can be very much chasable for in form Zim batters.

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

Chamu playing is just an insult to all decent zim cricketers. Let alone giving him the band after his deleted tweet. That did not display any leadership whatsoever.

Id prefer a big strong hitter like zhuwao taking his spot at the top. You need Marumani after his showing and actually Chari as much as I dont like him actually did ok over the 5 games.

You cant drop Burl because he offers quality with both bat and ball. Something outside of Raza we don't really have.

Regis showed great form and deserves his spot along with Wes.

Evans is a tough one. Maybe for the ODIs but I don't think he didn't enough for the t20s.

Tiripano and Blessing are probably our best quicks right now and we would probably need two seamers. Tiripano had a blinder of a domestic series.

Chisoro is likely our best full time spinner so makes the cut.

The standard Craig BT and Sean middle order is key as all showed good form and good strike rates.

No doubt a shoe in is dropped without a reason...but with Raza out gives alot of opportunities for a fringe player.

Will be interesting to see who is selected.