Pro 50 Series Thread: 18th-28th April

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Pro 50 Series Thread: 18th-28th April

Post by Zimco »

franco vazquez wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:45 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:24 pm
franco vazquez wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:33 pm
Brad Evans is everything that Zimbabwe needs at the moment but unfortunately we all know that he would not get selected. I hope he gets into the main XI of whatever county he plays for in England. Who knows what the future may hold for him. Maybe Ireland or Scotland?
Erm...why do we 'all know' he won't get selected?

He's already been picked by ZC as a Reserve for the coming T20I series, despite having a pretty average domestic T20 tournament last week.

He's nearly 25. He isn't going to play for a county in England....
Snater is playing and so is Brandon Glover. Both of them are from the same batch of U19s. He can play for a county especially during COVID when at least 100 players made their debut last year.

What do you mean by 100 players made their debut?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

franco vazquez wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:
franco vazquez wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:33 pm
Brad Evans is everything that Zimbabwe needs at the moment but unfortunately we all know that he would not get selected. I hope he gets into the main XI of whatever county he plays for in England. Who knows what the future may hold for him. Maybe Ireland or Scotland?

He's already been picked by ZC as a Reserve for the coming T20I series, despite having a pretty average domestic T20 tournament last week.

Snater is playing and so is Brandon Glover. Both of them are from the same batch of U19s. He can play for a county especially during COVID when at least 100 players made their debut last year.
Brad Evans isn't going to play county cricket mate. Certainly not unless he plays for Zim and sets the world alight. Then he might get picked up i guess. Either way he isn't getting a county deal before he gets a Zimbabwe cap. Would bet my life on that.

Anyway, you didn't answer why 'we all know' he isn't going to get picked for Zim? If he puts the performances in he'll have a good chance of getting selected.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:53 pm
franco vazquez wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:

Brad Evans isn't going to play county cricket mate. Certainly not unless he plays for Zim and sets the world alight. Then he might get picked up i guess. Either way he isn't getting a county deal before he gets a Zimbabwe cap. Would bet my life on that.

Anyway, you didn't answer why 'we all know' he isn't going to get picked for Zim? If he puts the performances in he'll have a good chance of getting selected.
Depends on what passports brad Evans has. These days you pretty much need to have a UK passport to play county.

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

Zimco wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:17 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
franco vazquez wrote:

Depends on what passports brad Evans has. These days you pretty much need to have a UK passport to play county.
He has already played for Glos 2nd XI. Pretty sure he has some British connection

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

franco vazquez wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:54 pm
Zimco wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:17 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

He has already played for Glos 2nd XI. Pretty sure he has some British connection
He has a British passport.

But anyway, we all know what you meant by your original comment, even though you aren't brave enough to say it. It's bollocks by the way. :lol:

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Zhuwao with a quick fire 45 from 23 balls for the Rocks. Something we really need up top in our batting line up in the limited stuff.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Mashinge just had a shocker of a first over that included a no ball, 9 wides, and 14 runs off the bat.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Evans was batting at 5 today. He only got 13 today but I never knew he took his batting that seriously.

Good to see Elton still playing even after retiring. Makes the domestic competition stronger. Even Cephas playing is a good test for the young guys on how to deal with an explosive player with no technique upfront. Those guys can be the most dangerous

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:44 pm
Evans was batting at 5 today. He only got 13 today but I never knew he took his batting that seriously.

Good to see Elton still playing even after retiring. Makes the domestic competition stronger. Even Cephas playing is a good test for the young guys on how to deal with an explosive player with no technique upfront. Those guys can be the most dangerous
We are going to have a tiripano problem.

A bowler batting above his average, but not good enough to be picked for his batting.
He has time so he could develop intio a proper bat the way streak and S.Ervine did, and someone like james franklin in NZ, who was a number 11 bowler when i first saw him and ended up a number 5. i think scotland has a similar player too.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:43 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:44 pm

We are going to have a tiripano problem.

A bowler batting above his average, but not good enough to be picked for his batting.
He has time so he could develop intio a proper bat the way streak and S.Ervine did, and someone like james franklin in NZ, who was a number 11 bowler when i first saw him and ended up a number 5. i think scotland has a similar player too.
We've got loads of these sort of all rounders now, who wouldn't get into the team for one discipline but because they can do both moderately well or average they get selected. Tiripano, Evans, Jongwe, and theres numerous others in the domestic scene. And for spin we have Burl, arguably even Wes, Raza etc. So many of our players don't seem to know which is their best discipline.