Pro 50 Series Thread: 18th-28th April

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Pro 50 Series Thread: 18th-28th April

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:35 pm
Marshmallow wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:28 am
Where is alistair frost seen his name in the rocks squad. Is he still in zimbabwe?
He's been in England for several years. Was supposed to come to Zim for the first part of the Logan Cup before Christmas but didn't travel in the end - maybe Covid related or something. Hopefully he comes over next season.
Heard his parents paid ZC to make him part of the Rocks squad. Wonder if they got a refund? :lol: :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Haha that’s quite surprising because he actually seems like a decent player!

Reminds me of the rumours that one of the lads in the last U19 squad paid his way into it! Ebrahim I think?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:39 pm

Reminds me of the rumours that one of the lads in the last U19 squad paid his way into it! Ebrahim I think?
Yeah something like that.
I won’t say that is confirmed fact but let’s just say I have good information that makes me 99.99% confident.

And besides that fact, he was clearly useless. Batted 10 (like a number 10) and didn’t bowl.

I just hope the little prick is happy that he pushed another (probably) poor kids dream opportunity out the window because he wanted to play pretend cricketer.
Imagine being a kid and having that taken away from you.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

I won’t say that is confirmed fact but let’s just say I have good information that makes me 99.99% confident.

And besides that fact, he was clearly useless. Batted 10 (like a number 10) and didn’t bowl.

I just hope the little prick is happy that he pushed another (probably) poor kids dream opportunity out the window because he wanted to play pretend cricketer.
Especially after reading Blessing’s story of poverty and how the Rising Stars tour changed his life. That is really poor from all parties involved

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:44 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Especially after reading Blessing’s story of poverty and how the Rising Stars tour changed his life. That is really poor from all parties involved
The only time I think it is passable is when it’s semi privately organised and it wouldn’t have occurred otherwise. Some National under 15 type tours have been organised this way and funded form the parents. Ebrahim is welcome to pretend he is a cricketer in that instance and that is more than ok if daddy wants to fund that.
But a televised, prestigious under 19 tour is not on. Especially when you hear the Blessign poverty story as you mentioned.
Even if it was a well off kid, why break his little heart after busting his balls out.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*