Zimbabwe T20 team for Pakistan series announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zimbabwe T20 team for Pakistan series announced

Post by CholeZimbo »

Marshmallow wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:33 am
CholeZimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:57 am
How do we line up.

Taylor
Kamunhukamwe
Ervine
Williams
Marumani
Chakabva
Burl
Masakadza
Tiripano
Ngarava
Muzarabani

Not sure if folks have noticed but Wellington is very economical and can open the bowling also no mug with the bat. i think t20 is not about taking wickets but drying up the runs. DT can also be accurate.

Also gents, i think we should bat first if we win the toss. The pressure of chasing has not been good for us.
To me drop k-long and pick jongwe.so marumani can open with taylor and jongwe down the order with big hitting ability and a bowling option
I think having the youngster open on debut on in his first few matches will not be good for his development. Get your best experienced batters out first, if they do well, the young lad can bat more freely without scoreboard pressure.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:14 pm
Marshmallow wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:57 am
How do we line up.

Taylor
Kamunhukamwe
Ervine
Williams
Marumani
Chakabva
Burl
Masakadza
Tiripano
Ngarava
Muzarabani

Not sure if folks have noticed but Wellington is very economical and can open the bowling also no mug with the bat. i think t20 is not about taking wickets but drying up the runs. DT can also be accurate.

Also gents, i think we should bat first if we win the toss. The pressure of chasing has not been good for us.
To me drop k-long and pick jongwe.so marumani can open with taylor and jongwe down the order with big hitting ability and a bowling option
I think having the youngster open on debut on in his first few matches will not be good for his development. Get your best experienced batters out first, if they do well, the young lad can bat more freely without scoreboard pressure.
So far this record has been set by so called " experienced" players of Zimbabwe in T20Is. Management should not think about proven failures on including them in Playing XI.

It will be harsh if performers like Marumani & Jongwe doesn't get chance in Playing XI. Regis Chakabva or Kamhukunkamwe should't walk straight into the team as their bat doesnt speak in Zimbabwe colours which does in domestic cricket.
Attachments
IMG_20210418_201411.jpg
IMG_20210418_201411.jpg (168.13 KiB) Viewed 1032 times

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Good point.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:48 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:14 pm
Marshmallow wrote:

So far this record has been set by so called " experienced" players of Zimbabwe in T20Is. Management should not think about proven failures on including them in Playing XI.

It will be harsh if performers like Marumani & Jongwe doesn't get chance in Playing XI. Regis Chakabva or Kamhukunkamwe should't walk straight into the team as their bat doesnt speak in Zimbabwe colours which does in domestic cricket.
There is one uncomfortable truth people like to not think about.
This truth has been proven over and over repeatedly.
That is, the experienced guys are wayyyyyy better than the others. BT, Craig, Raza, willo and previously Hami etc are a class above.
There’s some hope with Myers and Wes though
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

If some of the Zimbabwean players can showcase their talent at international level it might help them in getting some T20 league contracts. May be not IPL or Bigbash, but surely the likes of PSL, BPL, SLPL, Global T20 can pick them up. These leagues have some quality coaches, infrastructure, and the standard of cricket is pretty good, players will get to learn a lot from playing in these leagues.

Only Raza and Taylor have been able to secure contracts in world T20 leagues so far, the likes of Muzarabani, Burl, Madhevere, and other youngsters should target to get a chance in these leagues.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:03 am
If some of the Zimbabwean players can showcase their talent at international level it might help them in getting some T20 league contracts. May be not IPL or Bigbash, but surely the likes of PSL, BPL, SLPL, Global T20 can pick them up. These leagues have some quality coaches, infrastructure, and the standard of cricket is pretty good, players will get to learn a lot from playing in these leagues.

Only Raza and Taylor have been able to secure contracts in world T20 leagues so far, the likes of Muzarabani, Burl, Madhevere, and other youngsters should target to get a chance in these leagues.

Burl played a bit of BPL didnt he?