1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: 1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by tej_27 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:45 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:36 pm
I would get Taylor in for kamunkhwane next game ..Regis can still do good down the order...but I have a strong feeling ..ervine will be dropped ..his niggle will be given an excuse and Taylor will come in ..this will maintain the 3 whites quota thing also ..but still my guess ..in ideal situation would drop Klong ..never felt he is going to take us home
Is there an official document that states that there is a 3 white men quota system in Zim cricket or it is just speculation?
It's purely my speculation ..3 whites quota in the sense ..haven't seen more than 3 whites playing a lot since the time streak left ..but I will be loved to prove wrong ..anyway like I said I would replace klong with Taylor

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

tej_27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:48 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
tej_27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:36 pm
I would get Taylor in for kamunkhwane next game ..Regis can still do good down the order...but I have a strong feeling ..ervine will be dropped ..his niggle will be given an excuse and Taylor will come in ..this will maintain the 3 whites quota thing also ..but still my guess ..in ideal situation would drop Klong ..never felt he is going to take us home
Is there an official document that states that there is a 3 white men quota system in Zim cricket or it is just speculation?
It's purely my speculation ..3 whites quota in the sense ..haven't seen more than 3 whites playing a lot since the time streak left ..but I will be loved to prove wrong ..anyway like I said I would replace klong with Taylor
There were only 8 white players in this years domestic season. Moor is now out of the country. Of the remaining 7, 4 are in the current squad and a 5th (Evans) is an official reserve. Odendaal isn't interested in national team (He's waiting to go back to Australia to his full-time career as soon as he can get a flight), and Campbell isn't good enough. 5 out of 7 in the national squad is a pretty good hit rate. Any talk of a quota system is literally rubbish.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:54 pm
tej_27 wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:

There were only 8 white players in this years domestic season. Moor is now out of the country. Of the remaining 7, 4 are in the current squad and a 5th (Evans) is an official reserve. Odendaal isn't interested in national team (He's waiting to go back to Australia to his full-time career as soon as he can get a flight), and Campbell isn't good enough. 5 out of 7 in the national squad is a pretty good hit rate. Any talk of a quota system is literally rubbish.
Ok brother ..happy to be proven wrong ..just that a lot of times I feel ..4 or 5 whites could have easily been in the playing 11 ..but that doesn't happen ..which lead to doubts ..anyway just to calm you down brother ..whom u think Taylor should replace next game ?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

tej_27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:58 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
tej_27 wrote:

Ok brother ..happy to be proven wrong ..just that a lot of times I feel ..4 or 5 whites could have easily been in the playing 11 ..but that doesn't happen ..which lead to doubts ..anyway just to calm you down brother ..whom u think Taylor should replace next game ?
For sure man, I know what you mean. I'd have picked Evans ahead of Jongwe today but then look how well the latter performed! Some people sometimes talk as if the game is still dominated by whites but literally theres like only half a dozen pro white players in Zim currently! But there's no official quota system or anything like that. We will see Ervine, Willo, Burl & BT all playing together at some point this series I'm sure. and Evans is a reserve; I'm sure he will get a chance later this year.

Taylor will replace Regis, I think. But then Craig did look to be injured, so if thats the case he may replace Ervine due to injury. Also apparently BT's food poisoning is pretty severe so I wouldn't be 100% that he will be well enough to play by Friday. I wouldn't trash Wes or Marumani's confidence by dropping them, and I think they'll stick with K-long after his contribution today.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
tej_27 wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:

that ignores the roadblocks of the junior system.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:22 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
tej_27 wrote:

that ignores the roadblocks of the junior system.
Oh for sure, there are big issues in age group cricket and also at club cricket level too with this. And the first class franchises don't always seem to give opportunities to the right young people who deserve it either.

But just talking about the national team here and any official 'quota' system. That definitely doesn't exist. Mostly because it isn't necessary at the moment

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Meanwhile sikandar raza is cleared of any tumor or cancer . Which was primarily the reason thought to go for biopsy

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

secretzimbo wrote:
tej_27 wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:

I'm sure odendaal could have got back to aus by now if he wanted to urgently. What's his job in aus?

Also the system has pushed out some white players like Welsh, Murray. Let me put it this way, they didnt get the opportunities Wes got or ZC didn't jump at them to retain them. but that is partly because a lot of money is going to Taylor, Jarvis.

The fear of a perceived quota system whether there is one or not is also a disincentive for white players who leave at 16 like Ballance, byrom and the pull factor of a well run county system with guaranteed pay and fixtures

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Zimco wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:05 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
tej_27 wrote:

I'm sure odendaal could have got back to aus by now if he wanted to urgently. What's his job in aus?

Also the system has pushed out some white players like Welsh, Murray. Let me put it this way, they didnt get the opportunities Wes got or ZC didn't jump at them to retain them. but that is partly because a lot of money is going to Taylor, Jarvis.

The fear of a perceived quota system whether there is one or not is also a disincentive for white players who leave at 16 like Ballance, byrom and the pull factor of a well run county system with guaranteed pay and fixtures
I'm not arguing any of that. ZC is a shambles and Zimbabwe in general is a shambles.

I'm just saying there absolutely 100% isn't a quota in terms of national team selection. Thats all.

And as for Andre, my brother knows the guy very well. He got stuck here due to the extremely strict limits on people entering Aus in the pandemic, thats all. No intention of playing cricket professionally long-term.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:05 pm
Zimco wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:05 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

I'm not arguing any of that. ZC is a shambles and Zimbabwe in general is a shambles.

I'm just saying there absolutely 100% isn't a quota in terms of national team selection. Thats all.

And as for Andre, my brother knows the guy very well. He got stuck here due to the extremely strict limits on people entering Aus in the pandemic, thats all. No intention of playing cricket professionally long-term.
Yeah you kinda have to buy a business ticket apparently