1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: 1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by Zimco »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:38 pm
Zimco wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:31 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Jongwe is looking good, but I dont think you can really take club game form too seriously. Didnt Cephas get something like 250 in a club game there?
Yes you can, premier cricket in the UK and aus is fairly strong. Apart from that it means they are playing cricket over the winter and learning some new skills In foreign conditions compared to the blokes that are sitting in Zim and aren't. Thirdly, it shows tenacity.

The age of jongwe/Kaia is also ideal. I reckon cricketers hit peak at like 25-28.

Many of the Australian players have spent winters in the UK, more so probably in the past.
I'll rephrase, it should be taken with a grain of salt. You'll find that most logan Cup players traditionally do well when doing a UK stint.
Yeah it's not the only factor to be considered I guess. But if they are dominating club cricket that's a good sign.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

If Gumbie is average, Kevin Kasuza's role says he is an occasional wicket keeper. Why not try him as replacement of Taylor. Technically correct batsman with 113 Strike rate in domestic T20 isn't bad to have in the middle order

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:41 pm
If Gumbie is average, Kevin Kasuza's role says he is an occasional wicket keeper. Why not try him as replacement of Taylor. Technically correct batsman with 113 Strike rate in domestic T20 isn't bad to have in the middle order
:| :shock:

I don't think Kasuza has kept wicket since he was in the U19's mate . You are really clutching at straws here. Taylor will come in for Regis when he's recovered from his food poisoning. Regis will take the gloves in Tests.

Rajkumar Sharma

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:44 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

I don't think Kasuza has kept wicket since he was in the U19's mate . You are really clutching at straws here. Taylor will come in for Regis when he's recovered from his food poisoning. Regis will take the gloves in Tests.
If not, team management should ask him to take the role, Taylor has age and he could be unavailable in future also due to injury or other issues. Zim had to think about his replacement.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:46 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

If not, team management should ask him to take the role, Taylor has age and he could be unavailable in future also due to injury or other issues. Zim had to think about his replacement.
So you think a guy who isn't very good in limited overs, and is struggling to get runs and establish himself opening the batting in the Test team, should also be burdened with taking the gloves - something he hasn't done at any level for almost 10 years?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

I think I would be a better pick!!!!

chetanpatel1981

Post by chetanpatel1981 »

We have lost this mach which can easily win.
Zimbabwe Cricket has to improve otherwise they should not play T20.

Brandan Tayor and Raza(if awailble) are compalsary to be in Eleven.

It's only Zimbabwe cricket board which always done bed selection such as below.

1) Kamunku : His shot selection is very poor like Chibhabha. He is misfit in T20.

2) Chkabwa : we have given lots of chance to him. He does not deserve to be in T20 team. Even Mutumbami also.

3) Jongee : Tiripano is better then Jongwe. I didn't believe that he played in Australia ..

4) welington Mazakdza: Why he is selected???

5) Nagarava : He always lost is line and today also last over he has given 20 runs

What is going on here. I think ZCF is not serious about T20 or cricket.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

We always lose the 50/50s. Dropping Rizwan was the difference in the end

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:49 pm
We have lost this mach which can easily win.
Zimbabwe Cricket has to improve otherwise they should not play T20.

Brandan Tayor and Raza(if awailble) are compalsary to be in Eleven.

It's only Zimbabwe cricket board which always done bed selection such as below.

1) Kamunku : His shot selection is very poor like Chibhabha. He is misfit in T20.

2) Chkabwa : we have given lots of chance to him. He does not deserve to be in T20 team. Even Mutumbami also.

3) Jongee : Tiripano is better then Jongwe. I didn't believe that he played in Australia ..

4) welington Mazakdza: Why he is selected???

5) Nagarava : He always lost is line and today also last over he has given 20 runs

What is going on here. I think ZCF is not serious about T20 or cricket.
Some awful takes by people in this thread. I don't think you watched the game today bro. Jongwe bowled great and batted well too. And you're criticising him and saying Tiripano should be ahead of him? What are you smoking?

Rajkumar Sharma

secretzimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:

So you think a guy who isn't very good in limited overs, and is struggling to get runs and establish himself opening the batting in the Test team, should also be burdened with taking the gloves - something he hasn't done at any level for almost 10 years?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

Ok lets agree with you. Moor & Murray's future is doubtfull. Gumbie& Mutumbami is not good enough. Clive Madande, Myavo, Nengunzi are not upto the mark. Kevin Kasuza burden factor.
Tsiga, Mupriwa or Nunu rarely plays domestic cricket.

Then who is your replacement of Taylor except horrible Chakabva in Wicket Keeper Batsman Slot?
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:54 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

Ok lets agree with you. Moor 's future is doubtfull. Gumbie& Mutumbami is not good enough. Clive Madande, Myavo, Nengunzi are not upto the mark. Kevin Kasuza burden factor.

Then who is your replacement of Taylor except horrible Chakabva in Wicket Keeper Batsman Slot?
Chakabva has just had 1 horrible match. Hopefully the selectors aren't as reactionary as you! He's been a good servant to Zim over a 13 year career and his glovework is usually pretty good. He's looked lazy recently which is a concern. But hopefully he turns it around.

Taylor in T20I's. Chakabva in Tests. I don't see the problem really.

We have a shortage of good wicketkeepers for sure. Moor isn't great with the gloves at all. Murray? It doesn't sound like he's interested in coming back anytime soon.

I think Zim have bigger problems at the moment than wicketkeepers though. BT & Regis are fine, will be around for 2-3 years more yet.