Myers, Madhevere, Marumani and Shumba the future of ZimCricket

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Myers, Madhevere, Marumani and Shumba the future of ZimCricket

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

saifulsohel05 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:13 pm
sloandog wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:41 pm
saifulsohel05 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:39 pm

When I see Chakabha or Mutumbami is picked ahead of Moor/Murray despite being available, I certainly feel that the selection policy is racist.
For fuck sake will you read the threads. Ryan Murray is in limbo as to committing or not and Moor is in Ireland. They are categorically not available.
I know they are not available now. I referred to past.
In no fan of ZC and yes they are racist,
But with Murray, I have to be on their side.
All they have asked for is for him to commit to the Logan cup and prove himself for the national squad. Would take 3 innings.
He also gave up his cricket career to do an accounting degree in England. Almost cricket suicide.

I’d love to see Murray in the 17 but he needs to clear the cobwebs and prove himself.

To be honest, I have doubts whether he is still up to it. Yet to see someone take three years off cricket and return a gangsta.

Poor guy destined to be a ‘never was’:(
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

saifulsohel05 wrote:

When I see Chakabha or Mutumbami is picked ahead of Moor/Murray despite being available, I certainly feel that the selection policy is racist.
Yet another person who blindly thinks PJ Moor is a good wicketkeeper, probably without watching him keep wicket much. I promise you, if his name was PJ Mawoyo, there wouldn't be such a love-in for him. Really average glovesman, probably not as good as Regis and Richmond with the gloves. Of course a very talented batsman but then he had only a decent Logan Cup - not a fantastic one. Was asked by ZC to commit to the domestic T20 and perform for a national team place but chose the easy option to go Ireland.

Murray another one who refused to put in the work. ZC (rightly) trying to pick based on domestic form but Murray can't even be bothered to play a few Logan Cup matches a season.

We all know ZC is a pretty rubbish organisation and they definitely have their faults with selections and all sorts of other issues. But on this one? Meh.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:45 pm
saifulsohel05 wrote:

Yet another person who blindly thinks PJ Moor is a good wicketkeeper, probably without watching him keep wicket much. I promise you, if his name was PJ Mawoyo, there wouldn't be such a love-in for him. Really average glovesman, probably not as good as Regis and Richmond with the gloves. Of course a very talented batsman but then he had only a decent Logan Cup - not a fantastic one. Was asked by ZC to commit to the domestic T20 and perform for a national team place but chose the easy option to go Ireland.

Murray another one who refused to put in the work. ZC (rightly) trying to pick based on domestic form but Murray can't even be bothered to play a few Logan Cup matches a season.

We all know ZC is a pretty rubbish organisation and they definitely have their faults with selections and all sorts of other issues. But on this one? Meh.
I love how people assume things but ignore what the actual players say.

PJ said he did commit to Zim but was told he would not be selected for the Pak tour which is when he decided to go to Ireland based off of this.

From what Dean Du Plessis has said about Murray last week, he is committed to Zim, but he needs to finish his uni and the logistics were difficult particularly as ZC could not often give guaranteed dates of the domestic comp.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:51 pm
saifulsohel05 wrote:
sloandog wrote:

For fuck sake will you read the threads. Ryan Murray is in limbo as to committing or not and Moor is in Ireland. They are categorically not available.
All they have asked for is for him to commit to the Logan cup and prove himself for the national squad. Would take 3 innings.
He also gave up his cricket career to do an accounting degree in England. Almost cricket suicide.

I’d love to see Murray in the 17 but he needs to clear the cobwebs and prove himself.

To be honest, I have doubts whether he is still up to it. Yet to see someone take three years off cricket and return a gangsta.

Not an accounting degree he already has a degree.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:09 am
secretzimbo wrote:
saifulsohel05 wrote:

PJ said he did commit to Zim but was told he would not be selected for the Pak tour which is when he decided to go to Ireland based off of this.

From what Dean Du Plessis has said about Murray last week, he is committed to Zim, but he needs to finish his uni and the logistics were difficult particularly as ZC could not often give guaranteed dates of the domestic comp.
From my understanding, and this is from within the Tuskers set-up, was that Moor wanted a guarantee he would be in the Pak T20 squad. ZC told him to play the domestic comp and perform and win a place, and that they couldn't guarantee him. Every other squad member played the full domestic T20 - even the shoe-ins like BT, Williams, Blessing. Moor needed to fly to Ireland last week to quarantine ahead of his contract, was worried that if he missed out on national selection, then he would end up with nothing (as he'd miss his contract start date).

He had a choice. He chose the easy option of guaranteed club cricket in Ireland over possible national cricket here based on performance. I don't blame him for making that choice - it's the sensible and safe thing to do.

But he's another white player who thinks they are entitled to walk into a national team spot without performing unfortunately.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:30 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:

From my understanding, and this is from within the Tuskers set-up, was that Moor wanted a guarantee he would be in the Pak T20 squad. ZC told him to play the domestic comp and perform and win a place, and that they couldn't guarantee him. Every other squad member played the full domestic T20 - even the shoe-ins like BT, Williams, Blessing. Moor needed to fly to Ireland last week to quarantine ahead of his contract, was worried that if he missed out on national selection, then he would end up with nothing (as he'd miss his contract start date).

He had a choice. He chose the easy option of guaranteed club cricket in Ireland over possible national cricket here based on performance. I don't blame him for making that choice - it's the sensible and safe thing to do.

But he's another white player who thinks they are entitled to walk into a national team spot without performing unfortunately.
You have seemed very anti white lately.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:16 am
secretzimbo wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

You have seemed very anti white lately.
Just trying to be fair! Moor is no BT. And even BT has been told he has to play domestic cricket if he wants national selection!

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

secretzimbo wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:

Just want to voice that I completely agree with what you're saying, if youre not willing to commit to the domestic scene why should you ever be selected for the Chevrons. If you want to select players who wont commit futures to playing domestically even if it is a shit show at ZC organisational It's like hiring Steve Smith for one innings and claiming that he really helped develop Zimbabwean batting throughout the domestic setup.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:51 pm
saifulsohel05 wrote:
sloandog wrote:

In 5 years from now
Marumuni
Kaitano
Madhevere capt
Kaia
Shumba
Makoni
Madande wk
Evans token white player
Masara
Blessing